Tenders in 10.1.5

Wowhead

Trader’s Tender Shop Assets Added on Patch 10.1.5 PTR

In the latest Patch 10.1.5 PTR build, we’ve datamined many shop assets for Trader’s Tender bundles.

Instead of buying it, how about we earn it in game blizzard? I know Im not the only one who loves farming cosmetics as endgame…

16 Likes

Scummy move if they go this way, very scummy for sure. Allthough I think I speak for most of us if I say we saw this coming from a mile away.

29 Likes

Very scummy indeed,

we already have alot of missions for the tenders, should’ve added tenders with it

with that we have the option to earn more and buy more.

instead they went with the scummy move and put it on shops.

6 Likes

Now i understand why they cap tenders and put everything valuable at 700-1000 tender price.

It was the business model all along. Silly me xD

5 Likes

Blizzard trying their hardest to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as always.

5 Likes

Tender

The plural of tender is tender

1 Like

Well Blizz seems to play the mog game that way, you got cash you take mog now or else wait to come again in Trading post.

It dosen’t affect the gameplay cause it’s cosmetic but for sure it will bring a lot of money to Blizz.

These assets look a lot like images you might find in the Battle.net shop. Is Blizzard allowing people to buy Trader’s Tender soon?

Is the quote from the wowhead article. Yet the fact the tenders have 17 image variations going up in intervals of 50 and the max amount of tenders tender you can loot is 1000 total makes me believe it is likely not a shop item but something that’d show up on screen when you loot the chest or something similar.

If it does go on the shop of course it’s bad and it’s understandable to be worried but I don’t think that’s the case this time.

3 Likes

That’s true. If this was in the shop, intervals would be: 50 -100 -200 - 500 - 1000 or something similar

If it was to go on the shop I’d wager it’d actually be a little lower in slightly odd numbers so you always get tenders left over after buying items to incentive further purchasing tenders as people naturally hate having a tiny bit of premium currency left over as it’s a perceived waste of money.

Mobile premium currency is so manipulative.

1 Like

In Diablo 4 they made it so you can always reach the currency you want though, probably to avoid any legal trouble in the future as law-making adapts to the current times

1 Like

Well you earn it ingame…

I was sure this would happen sooner or later.

If they wanted it to only be earned ingame then they would had made it so we can farm enough tenders for everything every month instead of just having to pick between what we want or not.

Honestly, if this ends up being an incentive for them to make (or return to the game older) high quality transmogs, I will see this as an overall win.

Their main audience age bracket after all is now one with more money than free time.

2 Likes

But that’s the point, in game it’s limited to 1000 per month (no matter how many of the trading post “missions” you do). if you want more, you HAVE TO spend real money, and there’s a 100% change Blizzard will price the trading post items in a way where everything cool will cost way too much that only paying real money is viable.

1 Like

Why…

Don’t. Please… I… don’t.

First Classic, now this? Why?!

Alright, which executive has gone let’s-milk mode this time?

The moment they announced the Trading Post, I said this would happen.

Everyone expected this. This is no surprise.

3 Likes

Whats the harm to put in sale? I dont care if you have all the transmogs, if you WANNA give blizzard your money for a transmog useless gear go for it. I dont see any harm in it, PoE does this, and several other games.

PoE is free. We already pay so much with the explicit idea of getting the whole game.

Why won’t they stop? Is it never enough?

How shut making a better game to get more customers instead of this?

1 Like

The harm is that previously when they made cool new mogs, they were available through in-game content. Gameplay. You know, the whole reason why we play games in the first place.

Now a huge portion of the mogs in the game will only be realistically available through real money purchase, in a game where you already pay a monthly fee and a bi-yearly fee (a.k.a. buying the expansion).

4 Likes

PoE has real money transmog packs. So no its not free