Thank you for making SPs unplayable

PvP: In Dragonflight, Shadow has had access to more instant cast spells through procs and cooldowns than ever before. Because it was difficult to prevent Shadow Priests from scoring kills, we reduced their damage in Season 1. We’ve removed some of the problematic procs and cooldowns moving into 10.1.0, so there is more counterplay to Shadow’s offense. This allows us to ease up on some of the damage nerfs to the spec.

Explain to me why out of all instants, SPs are the ones being targeted with instants nerfs?!? Mind Blast hits for 16K. Mind spikes hit for 30k. Mind Spikes instant procs are gone. Mind Blast instant procs are reduced. Instant Void Eruption/DA is gone. Our only reliable way to apply three dots on the targets is gone, while the pathetic dispel “protection” remains for the two dots, while our ONLY insanity spender which we can no longer apply without building Insanity in an opener has no dispel protection.

Explain to me why our instants were nerfed, where SPs instants were the most harmelss ones especially after we were nerfed into oblivion. Mages are destroying targets while spamming instants, and rooting/snaring/knockbacking enemies endlessly, while maintaining a lot of distance and can even cast on the run. Most casters are destroying enemies with only instant casts, but somehow blizz though SPs were the problematic ones. Devokers twoshotting targets is balanced right? Just did a RSS where an Devoker did consistent 60K DPS the whole arena, while immune to cc, immune to snares, immune to roots, immune to interrupts, casting on the move.

And let’s compare harcasts too - Chaos Bolts, Frostbolts, etc. can hit up to in the mid 100K - Mind Blast CRITS for 30K, and it’s an ability which has a freaking COOLDOWN.

I honestly can’t comprehend the thought process

10 Likes

So far the builds that stah showed are taking a long time to be successful and feel Yolo Imo, also once people will realize they have to kick void torrent or spike insanity (depending on what you play) you won’t do any dmg.

Also when facing melee cleave you can’t cast at all (could be slightly better with precog but I doubt) and yeah VT dispel protection still a joke so it will get dispelled on CD for free and so your insanity regeneration will be insanely long.

Wait and see but for me I’m not being optimistic on sp for the futur, I hope outlaw will be better so I can at least play the game next season.

3 Likes

Imo the nerfs to SP were way too hard at the start of the expansion. Dmg and survival were pretty high back then, yeah, but reducing instant procs and survivability simultaneously doesn’t work well for a spec with basically no mobility which is the focus target in 90% of all cases.

5 Likes

And without Damnation we won’t even be doing anything.

I did some RSS now, and it’s so freaking clunky

2 Likes

Meanwhile I am scratching for 40k Brutal Slashes and 50k Rake ticks.

:skull:

1 Like

Slightly positive note, Vampiric Touch seems to do much more damage now with the correct talents - the thing is, the dispel protection is still riddiculous and needs to be looked at

1 Like

Ye, it’s rough but I guess they want you to take unfurling darkness to be able to ‘’ damnation ‘’ but have to cast for it.

Imo once people will realise precog will give a huge advantage they will stop throwing kicks and we will get even more terrible.

Already at high CD people don’t kick (only at a crucial moment) so you’ll either fake to death or won’t be able to do any good dmg as they will snipe void torrent /spike insanity cast.
Would be OK at low cr only.

1 Like

Also phase shift (basically a nerfed grater fade or shadow meld) , is pretty rough as you lock a slot for something that is way too hard to get value of it, it require a lot of skill (and luck) for 1 sec duration idk…

And psyfiend got nerfed to uselessness once more so feels really great xD

1 Like

Psyfiend was nerfed?

Can’t shield anymore so back to be os instantly, pointless talent.

1 Like

Ohhh! That’s why I couldn’t shield it!! I had noticed but it didn’t even occur to me.

how is it even so that they did all this even though we gave em pages on to pages of feedback… this is just the worst way to treet feedback EVER.

2 Likes

Lol you think they read your feedback? Oh son

2 Likes

Is SP that bad? My mate in 2s is a SP how good is demo with SP? Should I convince him to play BM?

SP is good, if in free cast and if people don’t dispel or LoS you all the time.

If you’re being targeted for damage and/or interrupts and the enemy healer dispells your dots on cd, you’ll have a horrid time, especially without precog. We have to hardcast everything. It’s not fun when melee maintain the absurd uptime (arms, fury, retri, Ehnace, etc.) with damage and cc/pressure, while you’re simply trying to apply your dots - remember SP no longer has damnation to apply the dots instantly, and Shadow Crash is very falible. On top of that, instant Void Eruption is gone, and precognition is also gone until the Season starts. Most melee have interrupts sitting on low CD, and play with healers who also have interrupt - so you’re basically playing against three interrupts, and let’s not mention the semi-interrupts - doing a whole duration hardcast is almost impossible (void torrent / Mind Spike/Flay insanity)

3 Likes

I hope they go for me then. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Blizzard hates you

thats it. thats the post.

4 Likes

Clearly. I faced frost mage today and I feel like a clown :clown_face:

Boomkins are going to give you a swirlie

I will search, slay, and destroy. I cannot wait for the crying about Moonkin, and the damage about to caused on the general population of World of Warcraft. Stars are falling, and moons are collapsing. All is about to end in an eclipse. God bless, and may your peace be rested.

3 Likes