Thank you for tuning mage tower properly

yeah, but the guy claimed that “boo hoo i play moonkin in bear challenge so how does it prove that im a pro bear”. Well, pro bears in PvE content do shift into moonkin to maximize damage whenever possible.

1 Like

It is true that my recording was with timewalking gear and it makes it a bit easier. The reason I posted was not to brag, but just to maybe help someone by showing how I did P1 :-). I am just here to help fellow players

No, you called it a bear challenge.

I contested that by saying I spend more time outside of bear than I do in bear.

Can’t really call it a bear challenge.

Shifting into moonkin to maximize your damage in tanking downtime is a part of playing bear to its full potential.

Interesting… I will give it a go over the weekend, but my fear is that it’s just not going to be viable for me, with limited play time and not having programmed my reactions. I will try, but if it’s a case of “20 attempts and no sense of progression” then I’m going to be hoping for nerfs.

And yeah, I feel like the lack of werebear since Legion has really hurt. It would have been ok if BfA and SL brought their own special bears but… they did not.

But who’s to say I might not have played more bear if I had had a werebear option? Regular bear is pretty ugly.

That’s actually a bit sad, because I didn’t play Legion so I don’t have any professions levelled up. Sure, I could probably go and grind out some materials but… time. Time is a factor. This thing is only available for 2 weeks. Tell me it’s here permanently and I’ll feel differently.

You’re the first person I’ve seen say this :joy_cat: Everyone else reckons guardian is one of the hardest, requiring perfect play and the blessing of RNG. The typical complaint is simply not enough dps to clear the room of problem adds (ironic that Blizz buffed their hp between PTR and live…)

I’d love to see the % of players of each class+spec who have started, vs the % who completed the MT. I have a hunch it’s like Torghast on launch; some players are in easymode and don’t know it, swearing to others in hardmode that everything is fine.

Feel free to text me if you need advice when you dig into it. Best of luck friend :-).

Perhaps use typical regular 246 ish SL gear as that is where the majority trying would be at.

At least that way then no one could deny its pee easy.

1 Like

Again, I did the recording to help out a friend :-). I hope you Can use it to atleast something, and if not, best of luck to you anyways. I hope you get it.

Yeah, I found that to be pretty hard on my druid to just use SL gear. I’ve grabbed stuff I’ve kept from older expansions, such as the mechagon trinket. Which deals a stupid amount of damage on use.

1 Like

This does irk me. From what I’ve read, people get more success with a “proper TW” set, plus consumables from the era.

I don’t want to grind that out! I had faith, before it went live, that MT would actually get tuned so that having a decent set of Shadowlands gear and potions was the right answer. Finding out that I could/should have been grinding multi-socket legacy gear just sucks. I think a lot of players are probably salty because they’re feeling so let down on this front. They’ve played faithfully through SL, they’re 240+, they’re getting at least one 252 option in the vault weekly, and that’s totally irrelevant.

Ouch.

3 Likes

My consumables list was btw:

Greater flask of the currents, superior battle potion of agaility, astral healing potion (very importratnt - from 0 to 100 hp) goblin glider kit, veiled augment rune, boralus blood sausage, embalmer oil, adamantite weightstone, drums of deathly ferocity, heavy desolate armor kit, war-scroll of fortitude + war-scroll of battle shout. Hope it helps and best of luck :-).

1 Like

Geebus, that’s so much! No wonder people are struggling if the ~2% difference you get from all that is the margin for error.

Although I probably can supply BfA consumables to myself…

3 Likes

Am i crazy or does the sigryn challenge also enrage???

How?! How you do so much dmg?! I do everything just like you and am do just 5-10% of his hp when you do 30-40%. HOW?!

People saying it is harder than legion release.

having access to gear with lots of sockets migh help aswell?

Old raids were loaded with multi socket gear.

I don’t actually want to farm them. And I was maining druid bear back in wrath, I may have half the pieces in the bank. I still don’t want to bust them out 12 years later…

I agree, it was fun to progress through it even tho i haven’t played in legion, took like 5 hours total maybe, you just need to find the right strategy, or at least that’s why it took so long for me, i really hope they make something like the mage tower again in 9.2 maybe or 10.0, blizzard apparently wants to nerf it already and i really don’t see why you would nerf it, not every casual has to get it done in the first day, but some people just think they should get everything free with 0 effort lol

2 Likes

I did the BM one pretty fast and it was kinda lackluster and as easy as I remembered.

Then I went to try demo one on my warlock to get that amazing red set and I stumbled upon the 6 and half min enrage they had introduced.

I tried a lot and eventually managed to get it done by adjusting my spec, playstyle and minimized movement. What felt impossible started slowly becoming doable. And then I suddenly managed to do it.

It was incredible like a solo raid boss. I’m so sad Blizzard doesn’t realize what they have here and introduce more of these kinds of mechanical long fights that require attention and proper dps. These are like end bosses of darksouls levels but in wow.

Gl to everyone and try to complete them now before the vulperas only wanting the mog set get their will through and get this amazing content nerfed.

2 Likes

Sorry I have no explanation for that. Both gear and consumables are explained so that is the only things I Can come up with. I hope that you Will complete it :-).

Merry Christmas