[Thanks for the Carry!]

Greetings. With the release of the prepatch, I had 548 mounts, but for some reason 499 in the achievement. Well, let’s say only those that I can use with this character are taken into account in the achievement.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/400005686148202497/1036946836906315836/unknown.png

I made today an achievement [Fake It 'Til You Make It
] and got a mount [Tazavesh Gearglider]. A number has been added to the collection, but the counter in the achievement still shows 499.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/400005686148202497/1036947013780123759/unknown.png

Is this a bug or is the game deceiving me?

I have exactly the same problem - I thought I was the only one. I added 2 mounts which should have increased the achievement total as they were both usable by the character but they didn’t. I added another a couple of days ago and it did increase the number by 1. Something weird is going on.
I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not as it doesn’t affect everybody so I’ve made a ticket to see if it’s something fixable by a GM as sometimes they can reboot things but it’ll be a while before I get an answer.

The main reason for the difference is that the achievement tracks the number of mounts usable on a single character. This will be lower than the total mounts as some mounts are not usable on every char. For example the racial mounts come in pairs 1 alliance and one1equivalent so if you get one of those mounts the achieve goes up by 1 but the total goes up by 2 (as you also learn the opposite factions equivalent mount)

IIRC the achieve shows the count for the character that has the most usable mounts and is updated only when you are on that character, so if you earn a new mount on a character that has fewer usable mounts you won’t see the achieve update until you log onto the char with the most usable mounts (usually a Paladin, Warlock or Death Knight).

Obviously if earning a mount or two makes your current char’s usable mounts exceed the current value of the achievement it will start to update.

I suggest either way logging into all characters on your account starting with any Paladins, Warlocks and Death Knights until you hopefully find the char that’s currently got the most usable mounts.

1 Like

But that’s not the point here. It’s not adding mounts to the achievement which are usable on the character I’m checking.
My mount tab showed 507 mounts, the achievement 454. I then got a mount from an island salvage box and one from buying heroic DF both of which I learnt and used.
The mount tab showed 509, the achievement still 454.
Then I made a mount in ZM, learnt it and used it. The mount tab showed 510, the achievement went to 455.
I thought the achievement was stuck, but obviously not as Buzz counted while the other 2 didn’t.

If you have a Paladin or Warlock, try logging onto those, as their class mounts elevate their mount count. Here’s an example:

You log onto a Paladin (character 1). Your achievement shows count at 499 useable.

You log onto a different character (character 2). Your achievement still shows count at 499 useable, even though this specific character 2 can only use 497.

You then learn a mount on character 2. He can now use 498 mounts; the achievement does not increase. You learn another mount. Useable count: 499, achievement does not increase.

You log into character 1. System recognizes 2 new mounts, achievement count goes to 501.

I’m not saying this is what’s happening here, but one should always check if a specific character on an account has more useable mounts than another (class mounts, profession mounts)

The mount tab shows your total across all characters, including faction specific mounts, profession mounts, covenant mounts before you have renown 80 and get it to count for all, class specific mounts and possibly more i’m forgetting that is not usable by all of your characters.

So unfortunately you are not eligible for the achievement, you’ve got about 52 horde mounts out of a total of 510 mounts account wide according to dataforazeroth.

I know all that. I know I probably don’t have enough for the achievement but that’s not the point. The point is that I’m adding mounts that I can use and the achievement counter isn’t increasing as Энэрилан said at the start of the thread.

1 Like