Thaumaturgy beautiful gemstones in alchemy

Hey there!

Is it just me or keystone on Thaumaturgy profession tree “Performing acts of Thaumaturgy now sometimes reveal a beautiful gemstone” ruins whole point of thaumaturgy acts?
Instead of giving me desired reagents it gives me gemstone (which is far more cheap than average reagents value). Shouldn’t it give this gem in addition to the base reagents? Otherwise it feels like debuff on profession, hoping that it wont proc…
P.S. I require talents which further on the tree - so cannot avoid it neither.
Buff required?

2 Likes

The proc rate is so low, that you dont have to worry about it too much. Yes, the cheap yellow stones are stupid and you are right, it should be in addition. But i thaumaturged dozend of 1000er stacks and it always ends up being just a couple of stones.

What needs to be fixed (hopefully it is allready):

1. the keystone that gives additional materials (i have volatile (? - the green one) doesnt seem to give any.
    I tried it on something that gives omnious materials and got zero volatile.
    Then i tried something that gives volatile and compared it to amount of omnious materials from the test before and i got less.
    I wasn´t watching the whole time, but either the proc rate is super low and i was just unlucky only using 2000 materials or more likely it was not working.

2. also the gleaming chaos transmutation seems very undertuned.
    I only was able to test it twice, but once it gave me a lotus + some rank3 stuff, the 2nd time it gave me just around 20 rank 1 materials, less valuable then the materials needed to get the gleaming transmutagen and much less valuable then the blasphemite. With the cd i feel it should have a better minimum result and never rank 1 materials.

On a side note. What i like, and some see that different, is the 15 minute experiment lookout. I just experiment during world quest or inbetween dungeons and my main only missing 3 now and my 2nd alchy is getting there too, just a bit more unlucky. But it fits the fantasy of the profession and 15 min works well. Do some quest, lvln whatever, come back, experiment till failure and repeat.

edit for 1) can it be that volatile has a lower base amount? having both keystones now for volatile and omnious, I get 2-3 volatiles or 3-4 omnious.