The 10.2.6 Content Update Arrives 20 March

It is
The flag is the same as the flags there
And i found the same assets used here on this image (on the boss where you need to catch the pig event)

Image (imgur):

https://i.imgur.com/CzOnAdO.jpeg

1 Like

Please let it not be about Lightning the greased pig. :rofl:

3 Likes

time limited event to collect
1 mount
1 pet
xx transmogs
1 tabard
10 achievements

whohoo surely worth to keep it a secret to make it a boring event for casuals as always.
Mostly involving a stupid boss that wears a pirate hat (mostly just run freehold dungeon and slap a pirate hat on every boss) and then call it an event.
not forgetting that the boss will flop instantly and has a 1% chance to drop a mount. of course the boss only respawns every hour or can only be looted once a day.

if there is nothing for end game content, I hard pass on this patch anyways.

3 Likes

So let me get this straight.
You hype this event as being mysterious and the secrecy of it being important, and then you go ahead and not even make it a global release?

EU and Asia players need to watch NA players doing the 10.2.6 content on streams first? So what’s the point of all the hush hush and delay? Large part of your player base is just being screwed over with this, if indeed the secrecy of the event is that important.

I’m appalled, really, at how poorly everything related to 10.2.6 is being handled.

9 Likes

If it’s anything to go by the current state of the game, next patch is probably gonna be buggy as s*** and will probably need another 10 days server maintenance. So let NA have it, they can crash servers hunting for pirate hats that spawn every random few minutes past the hour

4 Likes

Well they told us when it is, at least.
They have done global releases before with mini content they could do it now. Smh.

2 Likes

I’m still baffled that they’ve hyped up a limited time event, what an absolute waste of resources if it is not something permanent!

3 Likes

It’s all throw-away content nowadays, even the permanent (In theory) stuff like Forbidden reach, except now they just went and said “It’s time limited”, so there’s not much difference, really.

And Blizz will have to resort to this sort of thing to keep the attention (And subscriptions) of players, with S4 being 100% warmed-up old content, i imagine a lot of people will unsub until TWW, so leaning on FOMO is inevitable.

2 Likes

Which does lean into my theory that DF has failed to get what Blizzard wanted out of it, aka a return to pre-SL numbers.

Having to lean into FOMO and reheated old content as a means to keep people on the hook, just screams that things haven’t gone well.

1 Like

Just noticed there are 2 of these threads so duplicating my reply on the other one in case it interests anyone:
Love the secrecy as I dislike everything being spoiled in advance.
But then I saw we get it a day later than US so not much chance of that.
Holly Lonsdale replied to MrGM’s tweet querying the non global release:
‘We really wanted to. We discussed it a lot. This is
 uhm
 like wearing two eyepatches on a unicycle in rush hour. Exciting and unpredictable. We will all be learning together on this one.’
If you’re any the wiser after that, gratz!

5 Likes

Why bother to keep it a ‘secret’ and then release it on two different days? What a waste of everyone’s time

Also several weeks?! Several weeks for new season? You are risking losing players again as you are taking too long between patches still.

1 Like

>limited-time event
>not a global release

Will they ever listen to what people want?

>Man who thought it was all so tiresome finds he is more tired than previously thought possible.

1 Like

atp we’re just feeding them more money to provide a wholesome experience for americans. why would you make a mystery content if you can’t do a global release.

2 Likes

Look guys.

This patch better be the best thing I have ever witnessed in the history of gaming.

Because it has to justify you guys doing no balance tuning in M+ for 4 out of the 6 months of S3, leaving us in the gutter. Again. After your
 “performance” (cringe) in S2

And with “a couple of weeks” into S4, I expect you guys REALLY double down in the tuning and rework of certain specs. Cause 4 months is a lot of time
 time that you SHOULD have something to show for.

And im sorry to be this bold. But I KNOW you guys can do it. You proved you can in S1, best season in the history of M+. But ONLY because you guys were on top of your game.

Dont roll back to the bad habits of SL. Please.

1 Like

Blizzard, the only company fully incapable of doing a global release. Should give them a break, it is tough out there for underfunded indie devs.

KEK
“We also like to see the joy the community gets out of uncovering it all together as they all jump in to play”

from https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24056982/a-word-on-world-of-warcraft in Feb

2 Likes

I don’t know the logistical reason or whatnot for why they don’t release US and EU stuff at the same time. I’m just saying that while it does suck, we can keep away from any potential spoilers for a day. It ain’t hard.

1 Like

I love that some of you are saying yo could avoid checking WOWhead and all social media for Tuesday while NA is playing this new patch . A super secret event should be released on the same time same day for every region including ASIA they get reset on Thursdays no one really cares about that as well. Youtube , twitter, wowhead , twicth will be full with these so you are telling me to turn off my WIFI for a day? LOL.

8 Likes

Ah yes, the new successful studios stepping away from FOMO practices (like Helldivers 2 unlock passes staying forever, same in Halo Infinite!) but Blizzard, the “King” of MMORPGs still can only pull FOMO after FOMO instead of real fun stuff that lasts

And the Executives and Managers wonder why people move to different games? “No big surprise!” I say.

5 Likes

the community means NA people we’re just peasents for blizzard

2 Likes