The best ever city for Night elves

Before Night Elves get a city how about the trolls, the goblins and the gnomes get one? I mean they are waiting way longer for a city than Night Elves.

As said before, I wish the Night Elves could reclaim the ruins of Dire Maul and make a new home in the luxuriant forests of Feralas.

But realistically speaking, I guess it is more likely that Elune or the Winter Queen become involved in some sort of regrowth of Teldrassil.

Or, maybe, dragons could help do that in 10.0? :wink:

I would have loved it, but seemingly - as far as the recent lore information, the Highborne under Estulan have seemingly all but given up on trying to reclaim their city.

The only night elf presence within Dire Maul are those of the wailing shen’dralar ghosts.

1 Like

To put a lore aspect into this. Aren’t night elves close to extinction and you could fit the majority of them into one house?
And as the story in Suramar progressed you could hear quite often talking blood elves and nightborne talking about “Those throwback, tree hugging, kaldorei filthstrong text
So, maybe a tree would be enough, with 5-10 huts attached to it.

I am assuming what you’re saying here is a hyperbole. The genocide severely impacted the Kaldorei’s numbers but it’s not like they do not reproduce. The Kaldorei might be more busy with reproducing nowadays than they were before, to ensure their survival. It only makes sense, realistically speaking. We as Humans would’ve definitely done the same thing if our existence was threatened.

Trolls getting a city. I don’t think the Trolls care that much about cities. They are more like nomads. The Zandalari is an exception but that is because they are still an empire. The Darkspear Trolls have lived everywhere, scattered across the world in smaller villages and on islands.

But if you really want a city for Trolls… they already have a city. It is called Dazar’alor. Seems you forgot about that one :stuck_out_tongue:

The heritage armor questline for Gnomes hints at them trying to retake gnomeragan I think. If not, the Gnomes anyway have a city. They practically live with the Dwarves in towns and Ironforge. I do not feel like the Gnomes have such an integral part in the overarching story that they should be prioritized over othe races, anyway. The Kaldorei is like a signature race in WoW that’s been with us ever since WC3. They’ve been involved in almost everything.

The Kaldorei has been treated so badly by recent lore that they deserve some freaking peace. Give them a city back, allow them to prosper, allow them to become a great people again. Crossing paths with the Kaldorei in WC3 usually meant certain death. They should become dangerous and a force to be reckoned with, like they were before.

Then Blizz writers can focus on other races, like the Gnomes. Though, I have to say, I feel like Gnomes got a lot of attention in BfA, with Mechagon and the introduction of Mechagnomes. It’s not like they lack attention from the writers.

Blizzard already said that Night Elves are close to extinction and they can’t reproduce as fast. Especially when you think about the fact that night elves aren’t considered mature before reaching 300 years of age.
Second problem is that there are technically way more female Kal’dorei than male, because male tend to be druids and vanish into the emerald dream

So a city for a species that has lost a huge chunk of their population is just a bad idea. I mean even Teldrassil was one the emptiest cities in the game before the burning and extinction happened.

" I mean even Teldrassil was one the emptiest cities in the game before the burning and extinction happened." This is because of gameplay, not lore. There’s a difference between the two which requires some differentation. We’re talking about the lore now.

“Especially when you think about the fact that night elves aren’t considered mature before reaching 300 years of age.” You don’t know how many of the remaining elves are under 300 or above 300 years of age. It could very well be that the elves which are left are all mature and is perfectly fertile. This is pure speculation. Neither what you said nor what I am saying can be verified.

In the Illidan novel, it is stated Night elves reach maturity at an age of 20, not 60-110. However, it is usually around the age of 110 that the female Kaldorei undergo a rite of passage, to signify their ascent into adulthood and purpose in life.

And as far I am aware, the Illidan novel is canon.

The males of their society going away for prolonged periods of time was a thing during the long vigil. The long vigil is over. It ended with WC3. After that, the druids didn’t go back into their burrows to protect the Emerald Dream. They’ve been active in their purpose to protect the world ever since the Legion invaded the second time.

Also, in the Warcraft III campaign it is suggested that druids were slumbering in the Emerald Dream in various periods of time, some of them were sleeping for ~10000 years (Malfurion), some of them ~3000 years (Druids of the Claw), depending on need, they probably were “sleeping” in intervals. They defended the Dream, then they awoke to spend time with their people, do stuff in Azeroth, and went back to slumber.

There is also no reason to believe that there are more female Kaldorei born than there are male Kaldorei born. And not all male Kaldorei became druids. Many are warriors and hunters also.

It’s also spelled Kaldorei, not Kal’dorei. There is no apostrophe in their name like with the Shal’dorei or Quel’dorei. Just pointing that out because people seem to be making that mistake all the time, for some reason. It is also kind of revealing. If you presume to speak on behalf of a race whose name you can’t spell properly, I am not entirely convinced you know that much about the race you’re speaking of.

Anyways. As can be seen from the Battle of Darkshore Warfront, most of the night elves’ army and navy, including Tyrande Whisperwind, Malfurion Stormrage, Shandris Feathermoon, Maiev Shadowsong, Jarod Shadowsong, Thisalee Crow and Mordent Evenshade, seem to have survived, although many of their family members were likely killed in the fire.

So while I am totally on board with you that the Night Elves are almost extinct (and that is not the first time it’s happened. Just look at the Quel’dorei. They are now practically a playable race, only they go by the name of Ren’dorei. It’s been years since WC3, so the Quel’dorei’s had ample time to reproduce and grow children).

The Night Elves lives on. That’s just a fact. Their numbers are going to increase unless another war decimates them, but there is now peace between the Horde and Alliance. It’s not like Blizz is going to make a playable race go extinct. They will grow their numbers again and there will be a good reason to give them a city eventually. Might as well just give them a new city sooner rather than later. They can use any lands on Kalimdor in the north, like Ashenvale, Hyjal, Winterspring, Feralas, etc.

I’m in favor of the night elves having a city; however what I don’t want is the night elves having some big amazing city, that makes the other elves looks lousy - all in the name of “the night elves are the original elves so they should be the best.”

The Kaldorei actually lost their city of splendor 10k years ago. Suramar. The Nightborne, which the Kaldorei evolved into, has adopted it as their capital and it is far more extravagant than any other elven cities out there. Even more than Silvermoon.

Darnassus, as big as it was, most likely paled in comparison to Suramar. Any future city the Kaldorei carve out for themselves will probably be modest, but they have mixed together stone and wood before. It’d be fitting for them to do the same thing again. I mean, they are called Night Elves after all, not Wood Elves.

1 Like

Yeah make Kalimdor great again!.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

With a next Dragon expansion, it’s very likely the Night Elves will get new city as home. I hope it will be something really a good one like Suramar but more nature based like Darnassus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.