The Black Lotus situation is now worse than before layers, it's unsustainable

People panic sold when layers were announced and Lotus dropped somewhat.

They now cost even more than before and we haven’t even reached content where people flask out of necessity rather than because they want to for personal logs or for speedruns.

It’s the same people (most of whom probably sell gold) who play mall cop with 8 accounts per zone who control every spawn around the clock. It’s almost impossible to get one yourself even if you bother to level herbalism on a character.

I don’t know if Blizzard thought layers would help the situation but all it did was supply the same few people who snatched up every Lotus before layers with twice as many Lotus after the layers and it did absolutely nothing for the prices as the people with the big supplies are able to self-dictate the prices as they see fit.

Just like mobs need(ed) dynamic respawns on larger servers so do herbs but while people can deal with normal high end herbs costing 2g each most people cannot deal with 230g per Black Lotus and it will only get more and more expensive, especially when layers are merged again.

Please consider adding dynamic respawns to at least Black Lotus, if not all herbs in high level zones.

Also if you don’t care about consumes or flasks or it doesn’t matter to you or something of that sort please don’t comment as it will add nothing to the discussion, no offense :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

layers was add’d to fix the long queue.
Black lotus price will forever be controlled by goldseller who farm it 24/7
even with dynamic respawns? certain players will monopoly lotus in market and keep it on high price!

People will never flask out of necessity

2 Likes

There are also, as many have pointed out, game-economy concerns. It’s true that we allow more simultaneous players onto a Classic realm than were allowed in 2005, thanks to both hardware and software improvements, but this means that Black Lotus is more rare on a per-capita basis than it was 15 years ago. Merely increasing realm caps would only exacerbate that problem.

Could we increase realm caps? Yes, but only if we also added something like layering.

This is from Kaivax: Addressing Population Concerns in WoW Classic

Seems to be that BL prices/scarcity is an issue that’s on their radar.

People will never flask out of necessity

Yeah perhaps but most guilds that will clear Naxx will still require it so saying it’s not strictly necessary is not really a way out of the situation.

Sorry I’ve no idea how to quote two people here.

I’d say that just happened because of free market economy which is part of the game. If people did panic sells before they even knew how layering will affect the prices it’s their mistake and they can’t blame someone else for it.

Since I’m not playing on one of the megarealms where every BL spawn is camped by bots, isn’t it possible on PvP servers to just kill them? There are still 2 factions who want them and after being killed they still have to get back to the spawnpoint.

It’s why I never bother flasking.
There’s no reason to, especially if I’m a healer xD.

Why bother, especially if I’m already 10k+ mana after ZG buff.
Takes like 1-2 minutes to even regen that full mana either way XD.

On pvp servers there are sometimes groups dying on purpose near a spawn point in order to camp it as ghosts so they never get killed just before it spawns and can instead choose when to ress in order to quickly kill whoever is close.

They lie around as corpses, they’re just there for scouting purposes. The mall cop’s main is probably somewhere in the middle of the area and will ride to the lotus as soon as it spawns. It’s incredibly difficult to contest unless you decide to just camp a spot the whole day but there’s a good chance you will waste the entire day without getting anything at all.

And regarding the free market comment. The panic selling didn’t really matter as prices started going up maybe a week after the layering again and now they’re far more expensive than they started out at. The real issue is that it’s the same people controlling a higher supply without needing to lower their prices because they have a nigh monopoly on them. Firemaw BL is at 220-230g each already and it will get worse with P5 and P6.

No content requires flask. People did Hardmode naxx on private servers with world buffs disabled, which are a much greater factor than flasks.

Many classes can easily manage 50g/hour. Is 3-5 hours of farming for a black lotus (Gehennas price is below 190g right now) really that bad? There was a reason consumables was nerfed in tbc. Most people thought farming them took too much time in vanilla.

That said, please ban the botters, gold sellers and gold buyers more frequently.

i got 5 black lotus just by chance in the last 7 days. and that was while i am on vacation and run around eastern plaguelands all day. it was pure luck that i was there the moment the black lotus spawned.

i will save them for when aq drops and people will buy them for 400g a pop.

though you are absolutely right. they need to do something about black lotus spawn rate. even though you dont need flask at all.

Oh ok, so herb spawns shouldn’t be visible as a ghost. But you probably could use Rogues for scouting as well.

If there are people camping them 24/7, increasing their spawnrate wont do anything to help the situation, you would just put more lotuses in these peoples pockets.

3 Likes

Flask will be needed for 4horseman and k’thuzad fight untill you gear up enough, then you will not need it.
So, most probably you wil need 5 flasks in wow clasic lifetime.
If you are plaining to use more than 5 flasks in wow classic, you either are doing something wrong or you are part of ultra minmaxer speedruner community.
If so, you are sad person and shouldnt be ever mentioned out of your sad and depressive community as well as your playstyle and sense for fun. You simply dont exist for rest of 99% playerbase, esspecialy for people with real life.

This wouldnt be a problem if multiboxing wasnt a thing

1 Like

People did those fights on buffed content with significantly less gear than what we will have with classic and without world buffs. They wont need flasks in classic.

Multoboxing is not the real issue here. Just another thing for people to blame for their issues.

If multiboxing was removed, these people would just do it different

I should’ve probably left out the necessity part. I know it won’t be necessary but that won’t stop many guilds from requiring them.

Increased spawn rates would definitely lower the cost because it would become feasible to farm them yourself. As it stands you can spend an entire day in a zone and get no BL for it because the timer is long and random and it can spawn anywhere. I understand that was probably part of the design philosophy behind the herb but I can’t imagine this philosophy having had in mind mega servers with what’s probably 20k players when the spawn rates were created for 2k or 3k at most.

If multiboxing was removed it wouldnt be viable for a single person to watch over a single spawn

Of course it would, they would just use more devices, or use throwaway accounts. If they ban at the same speed as they bam botters, it would take months inbetween bans, so it would solve nothing.