The Blood Elf Customization Thread

Now, if you say it that way… :wink:

I thought it was purple? :upside_down_face:

I mean, sure, N’Zoth also had yellow-to-red snake pupil eyes… but that doesn’t seem exactly the same to me.

1 Like

Folks are a bit “Alliance focused” on MMO-Champion.

That’s kind of like saying “Donald Trump was a bit Right Wing” but yeah, I mean, you’re right…They’re not exactly impartial.

2 Likes

If they are gonna add an undead version might as well add it to the Forsaken since they are the only playable undead race.

Dark Ranger options should be a priority for BElves customization. The game has made it clear that even with Sylvanas’ departure, a considerable amount of them decided to remain loyal to the Horde.

An interesting question is San’layn. Do you guys think there are indeed some individuals in the Horde ? In BFA them joining was conditional on their mission’s success, and their mission failed. I’d doubt they all died that day though.

1 Like

I reckon the “Dark Ranger” features will just lend itself to “San’layn” roleplay.

Red eyes indicate undead blood elves - that could be Farstriders or former Magisters or Warriors, but I don’t think the San’layn will ever be apart of the Blood Elf society per-say. I think the Dark Ranger features will just lend itself to introducing San’layn roleplay, to it’s absolute fullest.

2 Likes

Lore-wise yea that’s for certain. If they were to integrate a Horde society it would likely be the Forsaken’s than the Sin’dorei’s

2 Likes

Wider hips bigger breasts as the draenei have bigger ones

If Blood Elves get an “undead” customization, all races should have it as well.

I want to be a human vampire or a night elf dark ranger !

I dare say the undead options should go to the Undead. Them actually being called Undead, not Undead humans or something makes them much more open to other races being added. When it comes to the character customization, I think it could look like what you have with the Worgen. You could simply choose which undead race you’d play as, though I’m not sure about being able to change it later on (at the barber I mean, not some ability like the Worgen have).

They’d probably be something like void elves at the beginning, simply being the “same race” that just has other options locked to them. Pale rotting skin, red eyes or even empty eye sockets. Hair could have less “living” shades of the colors with something like the undead green being added too. Hairstyles would probably be the ones that already exist and those that will be added, only lacking newer options (that we want but still do not have) such as feathers in the hair or maybe even additional braids to keep blood elves their racial identity.

Now about Blood elves themselves…
I think it’d be best for me to start with more simple customization options like those I myself created threads about, such as being able to choose each eye color separately (both heterochromical options but also being able to choose which eye is blind and the color of the other one which we do not yet have… For example the purple color that got added cannot have a blind eye going with it.), giving us more beard options (where is my full beard?! They could even do something as lazy as connecting the last two beard options together to make a whole new style…), or adding some earrings for men and piercings for both genders (they could use the already existing earring options and just move + resize them for something more basic). Also adding the datamined or previously existing options (body jewelry please <3, or for some to turn the stronger eye glow on) would be great.

The other options could be something new (which I would love to see), like more braids (overall hairstyles too of course), things like feathers, newer tattoos (like Grand Magister Rommath has, but more and more styles and colors too), war paint like we can see on Alleria or Warcraft 2 elves (if I remember corectly), scars, more ear options that are not about length but more about damage (like night elves’ rough and wild ear options).

Of course we should please the High elf community too, which could be done by adding the already existing blood elf hairstyles to them, though they would not get the new options so that Blood elves can still feel more special (Void elven tentacle-less hairstyles would of course go to Blood elves too, though Void elves need some more hairstyles, especially men so that they do not look like they are balding with most of them).

We could also add more class options to them, such as druids and shamans. We have seen their capabilities with nature in Botanica or the Netherstorm Bio-domes and shamans could be based around the runestones protecting Quel’thalas.
Those who are opposed to this should know that every race has their classes in a different theme, they are same classes only in game for mechanics and because of the similarities they have. For example Gilnean druids are not that similar to Night elven ones. Rather than being based around the Emerald dream, they are the so called “Harvest Witches” whose purpose was to help with food growth of the secluded Gilnean kingdom. Thornspeakers are also different from them in many aspects. Then we have paladins; Blood elves had the Blood knights who were “sucking” the Light out of M’uru, Tauren are supposed to be the Sunwalkers who have their power from An’she, We have seen Night elven paladins (both Moonfangs, but both them and the priestesses of Elune have their power from their Moon Goddess).

3 Likes

Probably one of the most well thought out responses I have seen. Yes, to all of that.

I would like to have a Height option for my Blood Elf.

I would like to be a dwarf or hobbit blood elf.

Please make this happen Blizz.

You mean like all of the Death Knights of all other races? :wink:

(What is baffling are Undead Death Knights if you ask me. I mean… how many times did they have to die?!)

Hmm… it is quite simple, really. They could have just been raised after their body was in a state of decomposure or the way they got killed/raised could have “torn” an amount of their flesh off.
Though if this was not to be the case, I’d say that getting ressurected more than once is also possible, just like we have seen with a few characters already. The oly thing is that those characters tend to be more powerful, thus giving the purpose to their numerous returns. Though you could use the whole “in life you were a champion” thing to counter it.

The death knight is an undead class, I am talking about a race that can be undead.

Well it would appear that Blizzard is adding little customization options in 9.2 as well, so there’s no reasons why the community should hold back from expressing further customizations wishes!

Not so exciting faces if you ask me, the ‘improvement’ is barely noticeable.

But that doesn’t mean that the blood elves couldn’t use some extra faces too.

Seriously, in 2022 we should be just able to select face shape, eyes, nose, mouth, ears and age texture separately for all races.

I really hope they keep adding more things, Blood Elves don’t really get all that many options.

i think blood elves have got enough options it’s time to leave the spotlight for some other races to get theirs

Other races such as? Void elves?