The Blood Elf Customization Thread

Many people feel that the Blood Elves are lacking customizations compared to other races, and Blizzard appears to be paying more attention to the community of late, so I am going to try and start a customization wishlist for the Blood Elves in case they might notice. :slight_smile:

Fellow sin’dorei, voice your desires and support your favorite proposals!

FACE / HEAD

• Braided hair and beard (seen in Warcraft 2) :point_left:
  • Customizable eyebrows length
  • ‘Dark Ranger’ red eyes (to be used with a pale skin only?)

BODY

• Ranger warpaints/tattoos (seen in Warcraft 2) :point_left:
  • Runic scarrification (seen in the BC art) :point_left:
  • Arcane/Light/Fel energy patterns
  • Scars layer (most races should have this)
  • Pale ‘undead’ skin? (for use with the red eyes)

ACCESSORIES

• Feathered jewelry as seen in Warcraft 2 :point_left:
  • Jewelry options for the males
  • Options to activate the tiara separated from haircut
  • Hair ties matching jewelry color
  • Lipstick and eye shades
  • Toggle for visible claws/fangs or nail polish

Edit: formatting. Sadly I cannot post images, but I will attempt to increase my forum status and add some when/if that becomes possible.

(RIP Brigante. His contributions will be missed.)

41 Likes

Blood Elf customisations should lean increasingly into the light and the arcane to provide a contrast with the Void Elves.

Tattoos should be either farstrider, glowing blue or purple and glowing golden or yellow.

Jewelry for males.

Glyphs, similar to what the Draenei have, floating above Blood Elf heads.

Golden and luminescent skin tones.

4 Likes

Ok, going to try and sum them all up over here!

1 Like

Im very Glad you opened a thread. If anyone has any ideas they can just leave them here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Good Luck!

4 Likes

Yep because as we know any customisations blood elves get void elf players can sniff for later on in the names of their own personal fantasy.

You really can’t lose.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t care if someone else is made happy. as long as the Blood elves get what they ask for. :slight_smile:

It’s a game and the lore states clearly that the blood elves were once night elves and that the void elves used to be blood elves so it makes perfect sense if I they can get some of the same customization?

I would honestly be the happiest if all races could use all hairstyles and hair dyes.

I mean… barbershops are a thing in the lore, and clearly using hair dye is much easier and makes much more sense than a gender switch? XD

Mind you I am totally fine with the ability to switch genders. Just really don’t get it why a barber would refuse to do a certain hairstyle on someone just because they are of another race.

5 Likes

I don’t see the point in discussing what Blood Elves should get if Void Elf players immediately demand it for themselves as well. It’s impossible to build anything unique for Blood Elves in terms of a unique identity if another group sees it and thinks, us too.

1 Like

To each their own. Personally I don’t see reasons to oppose additions for us only in order to ‘hinder’ the void elves from getting more as well. :sweat_smile:

I can’t recall seeing glowing skins in game, but I may have missed some NPC. Where do we see this? So I can add it as a reference.

On the other hand, I believe we already have some golden-colored skin tones?

3 Likes

could use more hairstyles for females
and the often mentioned farstrider tattoos for hunters
maybe runic ones for mages
and for female belfs maybe more"bikini" armor something new we never had until now or something

3 Likes

Can we have an option to paint our nails? Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good thread.
Before anyone goes “Here we go, Elves asking for things again!” I’ll explain the rationale. Originally Blizzard promised 40 customisation options for Blood Elves, the reality of what they got was…pretty underwhelming, and less than other ‘core’ races got.
Realistically they got;
2 new Skin colours. (fair enough)
1 new Eye colour (fair enough for those leaning towards the Arcane vibe, the Gold had already been added beforehand )
Able to have a ‘Blind eye’ look.
A couple of new hairstyles, but even then, most were already existing Blood Elf ones just transplanted from one sex to the other.
Small beards for males.
Jewellery that you will never see unless your character is running around naked like a Goldshire Reject.

Realistically the options were fairly limited.

So why ask for stuff now?
Because we didn’t get the stuff we wanted.

Blue eyes were cool, for those playing Magisters who were Arcane focussed, or people playing Sunreavers who were never exposed to the Fel Crystals in Quel’thalas during TBC (Such as Lanesh the Steelweaver).

Skin colours were an odd choice, but hey, ultimately not a problem. Not actually seen any characters using them in game, but it wouldn’t be jarring if I did. Lets be fair, if your character is a Blood/High Elf, the chances are high that your grandparents or great-grandparents were blue or purple skinned anyway!

There weren’t any real changes that were Thematic to Blood Elves, is what I am driving at. Nothing that was like “This is a Blood Elf thing” So in terms of racial customisation, they didn’t really get -anything- unique.

To my mind the wish list would run as follows as exclusive Blood Elven customisation.

1. Arcane Tattoos. We know they make use of them, heck, Kael’thas on the TBC hard copy box art for TBC has them around his eyes. Grand Magister Rommath has them as arm bands.

2. Ranger Warpaint. Ever since the WC2 game, we know that Elven Rangers favour Warpaint. Alleria even has it, which is actually an argument in favour of Blood Elves having it, because when she left Azeroth at the end of the 2nd War, that was how she looked. So before the Scourge, before the Exile, so this was a Ranger thing, not just an Alleria thing.

3. Braids and Feathers. Come on, you have a unit that prides itself in being a bit more ‘rustic’ and ‘patrolling the wild places’ in the Farstriders, and they have the same coiffured look as a Silvermoon party Popinjay? Besides, they did it with Dwarves, they can do it for Blood Elves (And for the same reasons, the Wildhammer tend to be more…feral? rural? than other Dwarves).

Overall, it isn’t much to ask that Blood Elves be brought up to the same level of customisation as every other ‘Core’ race, surely, especially when they were promised so much, and got so little.

13 Likes

Also Update Silvermoon and Exodar isles so at least they are on the right game map and use the same textures!

8 Likes

This, even the classic red will be boring after a while (still better than not having any…), and the OP too has a point.

Regardless, I think we should relax, so the other races can have their turns. We are pretty enough as it is.

4 Likes

I agree on customisation thing 100%. If you compare something like Night Elves customisation to Blood Elves customisation you will find the latter almost laughable. I know that historically B-elves are less of a core race than N-elves but let’s be real, a massive amount of horde player base plays B-elves so expading the customisation options would make perfect sense:) .

4 Likes

Thanks for the thread! Other ones that appeared in the past tended to get hijacked by arguments or didn’t have enough people taking part and just disappeared.

When I think ‘Blood Elf’, I don’t think of dainty jewellery (some of which can’t even be seen). I think bitter survivors of a brutal massacre that slaughtered the majority of the race. I think Horde. A more edgy and morally dubious rendition of more vanilla flavoured High Elves. My requests would be:

• Scars.
  • More variation in ears, like night elves.
  • Runic tattoos/scarification.
  • War paint.
  • 80s metal inspired hairstyles, braided hairstyles.
  • More expressive face options.
  • Can we get our eye glow back? :smiley: The eyes prior to Shadowlands release looked much more sinister and just better overall.
  • The option of visible claws/fangs like other elves would be great.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Void elves’ hairstyles will be a nice start at least. Especially with the 9.1.5 patch when Blizzard is adding tons of customization to Void elves. BE are really lacking new hairstyles.

3 Likes

Dark Ranger eyes and white skin would be lovely. It could work similar to the Nightwarrior eyes when it was introduced with one skin color. It could even be used by Deathknights, since blood elf deathknights as far as NPCs go can also have red eyes.

Runic tattoos onn body and face was always a high request, since Burning Crusade when Blood elves are shown having Runic tattoos in art.

and a few more new hairstyles of course. Something classic and elven with braids.

4 Likes

Honestly there is one single blood elf customization that I want. Which is being able to wear helmets without ears and eyebrows piercing them like they are made out of Titanium.
I think there is some cataclysm set where it doesn’t happen but other than that its sad.

2 Likes

i’m surprised that no one said this option
“Breasts Boost”

2 Likes

no lipstick ?
and no eye makeup ?

2 Likes