The /cleartarget command doesn't work in macros

The /cleartarget command doesn’t work in macros.

With this macro, you will always cast Sap on the currently selected target:
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast Sap

So sad… It’s been broken since the DF pre-patch :.(

Do you have action targeting enabled? Have you tried turning it off?

“Action targeting” is disabled(checkbox not checked). Also i’ve trying to enable and than disable this setting - still no effect. /cleartarget doesn’t work in macro if i’ve already target something.

Known issue.

Oh, I haven’t seen this post before :slight_smile:
So… Is there any hope that this issue will be fixed?

Hopefully, but likely not till a .5 patch. There’s a lot of things that aren’t working properly in macros atm. Like you can’t /cast [@focus] Shadowstep if you have a target, it will cast it on your target instead.

That’s interesting because Zen Pulse has a similar bug where it always tries to cast on the action target, or your target if there is none, even if you’re using macro modifiers like mouseover.
A lot of stuff seems to have slipped through the beta testing…

Yeah, seems anything you can use on both enemies and allies is suffering from it.

mine seems to still work if i turn off “sticky and action target” and the “enable interact key”. thingy.
#showtooltip
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/cast Sap
/cast Pick Pocket

I checked those options again - they are disabled.

But your macro is not working correctly.
You can check it out. Target an enemy that is too far away from you, then approach another target, use the macro, and you will see the result. The previous enemy will not be removed from the target. Your macro will still attempt to sap and pickpocket on the previous target. It’s incorrect behavior(compared to SL or WOTLK).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.