The Coalescing Visions buff and what it implies

It implies that the dev team either couldn’t figure out or couldn’t be asked to figure out a decent catch-up system for the cloak for people coming in halfway in the patch’s lifecycle and instead decided to just hotfix reward rates every now and again.

Kinda lazy but tbh… If this means we don’t have to decipher and calculate some kind of elaborate over-time catch-up system (it was exasperating having to explain Artifact Knowledge to people that didn’t play all the way through Legion and even if they did, it works different enough in BfA to still warrant confusion) as players and the the dev team has more time to figure out stuff for Shadowlands… I’m kinda okay with it.

Big vision gave vessel, aka 10k mats, small invasion gave 5500, now big vision changed to vessel + 2500, and small invasion gives 6500.

Dunno what are you talking about?

I like the change. Will allow me to try to do harder masks runs.

Read the other post also.

Big invasion always gave vessel, and 5500 visions.

Nope, only gave vessel, try remember harder. 5500 from 3,5 days small invasion.

Here the ones from before the changes:

Yeah but there is a difference between “not having to do them neceraly” and “absolutly pointless” which they were at the start. Blizzard just cant find the middle ground on anything. I would have just made the daylies and rep go towards cosmetics ot something like that not currencies for a new type of content (which a good portion of the player base like doing and want to do more of) that is tied to a endless power proggresion.

strange, i’m pretty sure i got visions from major. I’m sure i got the vessel.

Doubt, unless you were special case and the game loved you so you got extra 5500 from major…

1 Like

I mean, i remember it pretty vividly, so dunno.

No, that is just false.

Major always gave vessel. Minor always gave 5500.

You’re probably conflating the two because on Wednesday people tend to run both zones (netting the rewards of both) and voila they’d have 5500 CV and 1 vial. But you earn them over both assaults, not just the major one.

This is a sheer buff to CV in all areas to encourage people to engage with HV, given HV is the “novel” new content. Yet people still whine about it? It’s a plot to get us to daily grind???

Ermm no. Just like prior, if you run dailies you’ll get more CV weekly, if you don’t you’ll still get enough for a few runs. With the buffs to CV across the board you still have exactly the same situation.
Running only major/minor assaults and the minor vision daily (Which gives 2000 now doesn’t it?) over a week that’s 1 vial and 27500 CV weekly, or 3 runs total. Do one daily day (hardly a grind) and you’ll hit 4 runs a week.

Doing all dailies (assuming average of 3) will make a difference of 6300 CV over the week against someone who doesn’t run the dailies. That’s not even enough to buy an extra vial on a weekly basis. The system is still very much geared towards giving a majority of the resources to run HVs through assaults and the daily horrific vision, not the dailies. The best way to look at the dailies is they’re the rep mechanic that gives CV as extra compo over time.

1 Like

Fair enough but after all the crap, all the forced grinds Blizz has pulled over BfA’s runtime, after essences still not being accountwide this is what they decide to listen to? The one thing that increases the importance of the daily grind?

You might be completely right and this is just for alt-convenience. But the cynic in me has a hard time swallowing it, especially given essences.

Ofcourse it couldn’t possibly have to do with feedback that was given. Don’t forget your tinfoil hat.

I have already benefited from this change - considering i do NOT do dailies unless they get on my way somehow.

As well i did get my easy 10-11+12 on this change. Instead 4 runs for 11, I did 2, as well managed to fill in my minor resources.

This all is overall nice change. Not just alt POV. All those changes combined allow you also do Vision runs that are not about cloak, but are about mailboxes, masks, loot -whatever is what particular player fancies.

I had today very relaxed run for my R12, knowing that I can handle that 1 area, and have vessels spare, so went to do things I never tried before (enabled 1st mask and went to do my cloak upgrade with that and learned how easy it was now with Titans gift perk)

Giving us more access to visions and reducing need to focus on this darn cape so much, is good.

My personal experience pretty much enforces this; usually I don’t mind daily stuff/WQs but with the Uldum and Vale, I’ve just been getting fed up with those quests… They’re annoying, out of the way, too much hassle and whatnot. I’ve basically stopped doing them and I’m pretty much a ‘world content enthousiast’.

To quote from the game itself: ‘Something’s not quite right…’

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.