The Crux of WW

Touch of Death, and Skytouch/reach.

That’s the problem. That’s what needs addressing in a rework we are due.

You can’t balance our ST when a beefed up ToD can hit for 1+mil in a single press of a button.

You can’t balance Skytouch/reach when in pvp and dungeons scenarios, where you get loads of new targets and therefore benefit from Skytouch/reach massively, versus when it’s a Single Target fight, which most of Abberus is.

I believe removing/reworking these 2 will yield a much healthier spec (after some balancing, of course)

Some ideas/suggestions.

Put ToD back how it used to be: where it did x% of the damage player has made in the last x seconds. Put this on 3min cd. And now you have a much more interesting nuke. Current iteration of ToD is not great to play, and presents balancing issue where our core rotation must be dampened.

Skytouch/reach… This needs a rework to be more beneficial when you don’t have target swapping available. Something like if you haven’t switched away from your target in the last 30 sec, IGCD of Skytouch/reach resets. Or cooldowns faster.

Whirling Dragon Punch is a dead node. It’s positioned on the ST talent build side, so it makes sense to turn that into a ST ability/buff.

Give us a new raid utility. Locks are the only ones who can give out cookies, on top of BR, and summoning stone. I see it perfectly fitting that a Monk could brew up some tea which heals for a short amount and energizes the player (dmg increase? resource restore?)

C’mon, Blizz. We are way overdue some love.

if we talk about rework and fix our main problem (bad scaling and bad one target dps)
I see only one way – it`s update our mastery

Mastery - combo strikes activate mastery bonus and reduce CD for offensive abilities
(FistOfFury \ Rising Sunkick \ DragonPunch \ Strike of Windlord)

Also not a bad shout, yeah

Ww does not need a rework.

Only a few changes to some of the talents, replace hardened soles with antorus tier set, and add back “the wind blows” legendary effect, baseline to strike of the windlord.

And maybe get rid of bonedust brew, it’s not really a fun ability.

i wish people who dont play ww wouldnt say “ww does not need rework”.

It needs rework, badly.

1. It does not scale with any secondaries in any meaningful way → entire expansion versa priority
  2. We always pick middle tree, fill with left part and right depending on the fight. Left is BDB/ToD, which sucks (burst padding aoe). Right is fae stomp, which sucks (have fun with movement and 0 resets for maintenance debuff).
  3. Damage numbers are off. Our logs are private, but I was parsing 95-98 on mythic voti farm and was 15-20k DPS behind others in my raid

Just bring back MoP TEB, put it in mastery or bring back WoD ChiExplo

I do play ww though.

I’m not disagreeing that they should add some more secondary stat scaling, but the spec does not need a whole re design, just a few changes here and there.

Also i would put feline stomp off gcd.

Faeline stomp or Bonedust brew should be deleted at all.
Monk has many cool unique class abilities - And would be better to improve them

1. Dragon punch - reduce CD time by Blackout kick the same like for Fist and rising
  2. Chi burst - replace faeline stomp by additional charge for chi burst, combo strikes has a chance to reset chi burst and make it instant cast
  3. Crackling Jade lightning - Last Emperor’s Capacitor move to better place in talent tree and reduce stacks to 10 - stacks will be trigger by combo strikes
  4. Resonant Fist – for “WW” proc chance 50%\1sec
  5. White Tiger Statue - replace to → passive “bypass armor”
  6. Eye of the tiger – 300% buff and all abilities applies\refresh this effect (Limit 3 targets)
  7. Merge to one talent Rushing Jade wind + Refresh jade wind = Jade Wind
    – out of GCD and resource only energy, not CHI
  8. Xuen white tiger - replace to Xuen Aura – not summon kitty - instead arround you will be lightning aura with the same effect
  9. Touch of karma – (1 min CD) and add Good Karma effect
  10. Jade ignition – your attacks have a chance to generate stacks (proc chance 30%)
  11. Transfer The Power - combo strikes generate stacks
  12. Hit Combo talent - grant reduce CD time for all abilities - trigger by combo strikes
  13. Serenity - 2 charges

And comunity can generate many another cool ideas how to improve Monks
Blizzard C`mon )

4 Likes

Seems like pretty good ideas actually.

I would add hardened soles replaced with antorus tier set, and add back the strike of the wind lord blackout kick interaction.

ToD in it’s current form just feels so weird, having a 1.5 Min CD (If talanted) that you can’t press for most of the time in any scenario just sucks, but the second it’s usable it deletes like everything and becomes like a Top 5 Damage done spell.

I wish they would put Serenity on a 2 min cd also, for a slightly longer duration or damage increase, you wait most of the time for Xuen anyway which is 2 min cd, so its really awkward.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.