The current inflation

So, is that how it should always be? I am a bit torn. While i hate artificial deflation the fact that there are people who got elite on day 2 of the season is… well, interesting.

Thoughts?

My educated guess is that they seemed to make this season very casual-friendly, Bit off-topic… but by doing a Mythic+ level 4 I’m getting close to the same Mythic raiding Ilvl, so I’m not sure if this speedy transition of rating also applies to the current PvP?

There are people who got it yesterday aswell…
This season is short and we need everything to motivate people to que, so i think its fine.

5 Likes

I like it
If they could blast trough the bracket like that maybe it will be easier for casuals to progress.

1 Like

solo shuffle mmr = 100 mmr compared to the season before So nothing surprising In the arena on the other hand it’s something else

i think at the end it will be the same, cuz people will quit retail for cata/sod update etc

but overall it feels better when mmr isnt capped, not a single game have a mmr cap in the first place “wow was the only one”

let the players push, give them some dopamine in the start of a season, nothing wrong with that, its better than “mmr” beeing capped

8 Likes

Week on eis always super high inflation and then it drops untilbzge last two weeks

And i cannot play the first week, maybe i ditch until the end

They never adjust

What I like about the current state of the season is

1: It’s short
2: MMR didn’t fully reset

What I hope doesn’t happen is the season dying and blizzard not adjusting the inflation.

2 Likes

Also funny, the highest shuffel player in Eu and US is a healer at 2600 with a negative win rate 127 wins / 130 loses

Who cares?

• It will be a very short season
  • It is only in shuffle feelable. The highest in 3s with 60 games on nearly 90% winrate has only 2228 rating. Whazz has 44 games with 100% winrate and not even got duelist with it.
  • It is a selfmade issue. There was nearly no inflation last season in shuffle, so there isn’t much they could reset!!
  • What does Elite even mean? It is a pointless achievement, isn’t it?

For me it is completely fine. It shows activity in shuffle was big the first few days and season 1 has shown that people keep playing even after reaching elite/legend while last season most people only pushed in the end.

If it helps to get more participation, I am totally fine with it. I really don’t care about how many people get legend and or glad.

Hey, do we know how long it will be? Says early summer, which doesn’t sound right

1 Like

This not inflation though, it’s just Blizz not resetting MMR much from previous season.

If there is no weekly inflation, which I doubt there is, MMR will go down with less ppl playing and people will be regressing instead of progressing, which will then lead to an even more unappealing season.

5 Likes

No, we don’t know.

But SL S4 was around 12 weeks and I would expect around the same for this season. Maybe a bit longer, maybe even a bit shorter. After that we will have probably 4-6 weeks pre patch and we are at late summer to early fall for the new expansion.

1 Like

people for seasons and seasons were able to get 2.4 in day 1
when solo shuffle wasnt implemented and participation in arena was enough to queue any hour any day

2 Likes

imagine complaining about inflation, you really want to see the game die

3 Likes

Rank 1 frost here i can say it’s not easy only lock teams and it counters me.

But duelist was kinda easy still, not sure if i can hit elite with how bad frost is.

i think rating should be at around 3500 to be the most rewarding for everyone.

1 Like

Probably best with this system the more people play, what makes them play is of no importance atleast to me. I only play and are happy to see if others aswell.

1 Like

That’s how it should be

Let the R1 and tournament players get their ranks quick, so the natural progression can happen for everyone else afterwards

If this season started like S3 started, aka 1 month with zero inflation, we would see the first glads in late May, and by August a quarter of the lower R1 players would still be missing their glads, and the usual glad players would definitely not get it, and this issue would continue downward all the way up to the seasonal rivals being stuck in challenger and finishing there

1 Like

you haven’t understood anything, the mmr in arena is exactly the same as s3/s2
it’s always been like that for soloq, (-100mmr on a new season)