The Current State of Resto Shamans

Yes i exaggerrated my point a little. I love my shaman as well it’s fun to play and spent my time with this toon for 15years. I wont leave it despite the huge difference it has between rdruid.

If you are doing mythic 15. YOU could be doing mythic 17 like i explained on another post. I think it’s not the shaman that sucks. It’s druids that needs to nerfed hard. It’s just way too efficient and powerful AND versalite.

But when you guys come in say… “eeh i think healing is fine”. It’s not a matter of opinion you know. It is not fine to have such difference between resto shaman and resto druids. Both in pve and pvp.
They are more mobile
stronger healer
cc spammer
hard to cc near impossible to silence
they are the only healer that can remove enrage (cant do kings rest as a resto shaman here, no one wants me)
And they can just go damage in dungeons and pvp thanks to being only hot healer in the game.

Isnt this list a little LONG?

Take these last resto shaman buffs… %20 increased healing to healing rain.
%20 isnt a small number. Did it take them 1 year to understand this spell is utter crp?

Did you know druids have basicly the same spell without cooldown? Why does ours have 10 seconds cd? Do we have some opness that druids cant keep up so theirs have no cd and ours do?

I think someone’s wife at blizzard plays druid and they just can’t shut her up.

2 Likes

yes shaman is trash this exp. i stopped playing it too and switched to druid, its very nice class. shaman problems are:

• no good escape utility, druid has jump away 100meters every couple seconds

• shaman heals are literal trash. they dont do enough for the fact they are hardcasting every sheet spell. Riptide the only instant spell does no healing at all. it is useless and a wasted gcd.

• shaman gets interrupted to death. and cant even really cast a spell. you have to rely on spiritwalker grace and if thats on cd hope that people will fall for fakecast.

2 simple suggestions:

• BUFF riptide hard to make it useful again
  • Let shamans use earthen wall totem during stun (just like druids can barskin)

this exp i started to hate my shaman thanks to blizzard. i always loved shaman since vanilla and they kill this spec so hard, i hate to see my shaman. and 10 people raping on me every pvp i do

I just saw this insane m+ resto shaman on youtube for anyone who wants some inspiration. Check out his channel KoozieJR. He has 20+ runs from season 2 on his channel and according to warcraftlogs hes still owning it up in season 3. Of course druids are still further ahead but I really enjoyed watching it.

1 Like

i watched absterge playing resto shaman today, looked funny because he actually never casted any heal except he used his aura mastery.
But 90% of the time he was just pressing w into the opponents face and purging the hell out of them with electrocute.
Almost certain he only picked resto for spirit link totem hehe
other than that he probably would have been better playing ele

a little exaggeration of course, but still remains sad.
Resto cast heal = dead

Hasn’t it been Absterge’s thing for years to go aggressive with purge and kill before he runs oom?

no idea, but didn’t do cdew the same to win blizzcon or sth?
Pretty sure that is how you are supposed to play shaman now. Hoping they die before you because you cannot heal anyways.

forget shaman this exp. you cannot cast as a shaman. u get cced interrupted to sheeet. no escape mechanic. and earthbinding totem stick that in your butt it doesnt help.

Yeah it use to be hard to cast in mop too even in wod. But when you finally casted it it was huuge. These high mastery surges were rewarding. Now not so much.

true if they buffed riptide and so forth shaman would be viable

I decided to check the rankings to see how “terrible” resto shaman is in pvp but surprisingly it doesn’t seem all that bad?

In the EU there are several resto shamans in top 200 in 2v2 and 3v3. Not too shabby imo for a less popular healer. And in the US there are even more resto shamans, with Absterge being rank 31 in 2v2 and Cdew 55 in 3v3.

Maybe it requires a very specific group or very skillful play, but it almost makes you think that resto is, dare I say, quite strong? :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Resto shamans in top 200 eu. RShamans are crazy strong dude. Not too shabby, not too shabby.

Rank 31 absterge and cdew 55 in 3’s?!?! Two of some of THE best shamans in the game. Rank 31 and rank 55, that’s insane, they need to calm down a bit.

Okay i had fun writing this out xD

1 Like

those r1 players will ALWAYS be high rated on their mains. They have good teammates that can outbalance some weaknesses and the ladder is not really a good mirror.
resto shaman seems to work only in double melee cleaves by pressing W as much as you can into the enemies face.

you can also play arcane mage to r1 even though it is considered pretty garbage, even holy priest can be played.
It still means you are at a massive disadvantage. Due to the game being 3vs3 there are other classes which can offset your weaknesses a little to make it at least somewhat playable.
Shaman has some unique stuff that helps against some comps, so maybe you will even see one in the tournament against a specific comp but it is definitely not good to run shaman in a general 0815 comp

These buffs are already live?

yeah tey are but beraly noticebale in pvp. those buffs were all aiming towards pve…

nah the thing about shamans is, for how imobile and problematic it is to cast and not being able to avoid cc too much the heals are too underpowered. Like against a druids and mages its so hard to avoid clone or sheep. and when you get caught once its over. where as a druid dont give a fk he has hots up and still heal through cc.

I agree with most of what is said here, and another point I want to add is the RNG which plays such a big part in restoration shaman healing. Healing surge has to crit. Every time. If it doesn’t crit you immediately go “oh sh#t”, and if it doesn’t crit again, panic ensues. And at times makes me feel like I am bluffing my capacity as a healer when I get crit after crit.

Rshamans aren’t that bad. Problem is that paladins/druids are way better (Arena point of view). Feelsbadman

in WotLk pvp devs sad that enhancement is reference standart in PvP… but problem was that everybody else was OP :slight_smile:

Healer TD+10 last night, and sure it’s a +10, some people don’t see that as a reference point, but that dungeons is SH** this week.

Not finished in time, but we had a rogue that underperformed, in general I saw people don’t damage to a boss, and I think my elemental shaman would have almost done all their dmg combined to a boss :wink:

But I feel I really did keep that group alive pretty well, so PvE wise I feel I do enough healing. Sadly it wasn’t in time, since I wanted to work on my score. That’s the thing with this score, it’s 5 people in a group, and I don’t think it was my fault it wasnt in time :smiley:

I would like to see counter strike totem come into pve. Imagine a gcd damage abilty for us that was decent aoe for its 15 seconds, but tied to its current cd. Also i miss bulwark totem we used to have. Nice little shield totem. Sad times.

Healing rain could be used and much improved IF
Casting healing surge or healing wave has a 50% chance to increase healing rain duration by 2 seconds. Imagine that!!

Chain lightning cap back to 5 targets plz instead of 3!
HEALING TIDE totem, like a druids tranq, stronger when only 5 targets. Why not!