The Dragonflight trees are now available

The real question is does 20% stack with other speed buffs, otherwise pls delete it.

Dont like it either way, its just like steed often has to be used with freedom today (and those speedbuffs dont stack with eatchother). Having to use 2 CDs to get the effective use of 1 is always bad imo.

yes agree stack blessing of freedom with steed and and remove 20% speed buff from talent and make it proc a blessing of freedom for 2-3s instead with pvp talent you get 30% speed from that

Steed should just remove the current root and slow thats on the paladin at the very minimum, just bake it into steed, no more talent needed! If a talent must be added then it should provide freedom like immunity the entire duration like prot had for some reason.

These talents really does not help the movement problem in any way at all.
And you can very easily make a ret paladin without almost any of the current utility abilities we have today.

we could just delete ret hehe and make another furry class

Im sad there is no “Eternal Flame” ability for holy - I was really hoping we would get this back :sob: :sob:

When I look at Blessing of freedom it also shows the tooltip of unbound freedom, the pvp talent… Except its missing the part where you can cast it on a party member and get the effect yourself… And have it be undispellabe…

Seriously if freedom is going to be a magic you can insta purge again I don’t think I can handle pally anymore lol

Well yes, and if this proves to be the case then the feedback needs to be the % needs increasing.

They have done something for paladins mobility. It simply appears so far, that it wasnt enough.

Steed no longer being at the consequence of other choices to have both a buff to its duration and a second stack and then long arm of the law at 20% is a improvement to paladin mobility.

If its enough however is a very different conversation, im not on the alpha to be able to say that really either.

If anything the argument should change to restoring the 45% movement speed increase by LAOTL being restored.

All the talent trees have looked questionable tbh we just have to hope the feedbacks heard and blizzard acts.

However from the alpha feedback ive heard so far pvp currently consists of alot of instantly 100-0ing players between all the classes to each other. So i think everyones atm by the sounds of it mental in pvp.

I liked the tree so far.

Good to see some use for consecration and giving it an AOE heal is nice and thematic.

There’s some really good options. I’m interested to see how Path of Ruin changes things and whether it’s competitive with Wake of Ashes procs.

Also, maybe an alternative single target holy power spender would be nice (a 5 holy power one or something for variety/choice).

But really happy so far.

Its not only the 45% that the old Laotl had… it had i think 50% uptime cuz it lasted 3 sec on a 6 sec CD judgment. Was also helpfull that emancipate was a thing to clear roots and slows. Freedom alone back then wasent enough and isent now.

Laotl is meaningless on its own and im convinced that there would be far less crying over the years about steed if we still had emancipate.

And it didnt get stuck on every door way in dungeons which has proven annoying countless times

1 Like

Might be true, but im playing human so that aint a problem. Also played DI Dwarf for mog and didnt have problems with doors. The mount for LF Draenai shouldnt be problem either i think (maybe for males?), havent started that one yet. Only race i can actually think of having this problem is Tauren and original Draenai? Maybe trolls?

Never liked to play the bigger races because i didnt fit throu doors when mounted to begin with, nor do i like to use big flying mounts even on human for the same reason.

My main issue with the Retribution spec tree is that the last row of the second tier is all utility/defensive talents, but which one(s) I select dictates which talents are available to select in the third tier. I shouldn’t be forced to pick utility I don’t particularly want, or maybe even don’t have a use for in certain types of content, in order to get the talents I want towards the end of the tree.

Based on interviews I’ve watched, apparently the reasoning behind having separate class and spec trees was so that players don’t have to choose between utility and throughput options, yet they’ve presented us with a Retribution tree that forces us to do precisely that. I have to spend two points in that row if I want potential access to all of the third tier talent options, but that means sacrificing actual damage options elsewhere; even if I don’t want all of the options available, I still have to spend at least one point on utility.

If they just cut the links between the last row of the second tier and the first row of the third tier, that would open up so many more options. Just allow us to pick any talent on the first row of the third tier once we’ve spent 20 points elsewhere in the tree.

Specific talent feedback:

Cavalier - 2 charges of Divine Steed should be baseline, not an additional talent.

Seasoned Warhorse - The current max ilvl conduit gives us a 6.3 second duration on Divine Steed, and now they want us to spend two talent points to get to a 5 second duration. The duration increase should be two seconds per talent point, not one.

Divine Toll + Divine Resonance - Without Ringing Clarity (the conduit) giving a very high chance for multiple extra Judgments on the primary target, Divine Toll is not a good single target choice. If Divine Toll is now only a multi-target talent, I think there will probably be better options for that next talent point than Divine Resonance in that context. I wouldn’t be surprised if it rarely gets taken.

Cleanse Toxins - This is a massive detour away from other talents that I’d actually want, and the points spent would mean losing out on some pretty significant damage options, so I guess I just have to get used to never having this ability in Dragonflight.

Seal of the Templar - I like the idea behind this, but the actual talent is severely underwhelming. The requirements are too restrictive and the benefit will be basically non-existent. 3 yards is almost never the difference between being able to use melee abilities and not; most mechanics that force you away from your target have a much larger radius. I think it would be better if they removed the Crusader Aura aspect, and increased the range to 15 yards while Divine Steed is active; that allows you to use Divine Steed to get out of whatever mechanic you need to get out of, maintain your full rotation (assuming you’re <= 15 yards away), then possibly still have some of the speed boost to move back in.

Seal of Might & Seal of the Crusader - I like them (as much as you can like purely passive talents, anyway), but do these really need to be 3 point talents?

1 Like

For the record, if you wanna leave any feedback or opinion in dev tracked topic, its here → https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-paladins/371354

Kinda hard if one is not in the Alpha tho

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.