The Eternal Traveler Quest Removed

I pre-ordered the Epic edition of Shadowlands a couple of days ago and I started the Eternal Traveler quest. I had acquired 22/40 Echos required to complete the quest. Yesterday when the SL pre-patch hit PTR, I installed it and copied my characters there to test it out.

When I came back to live retail, the Wraithchill weapon enchant was removed from both my weapons and the Eternal Traveler was removed from both of my toons. I tried to get them back by taking the quest again but it just reset to 0/40 and now I have to restart the grind for them.

It’s annoying that I have to grind for something like this when I’ve paid full price for the game, it’s worse when I have to start from scratch all over again because of a bug.

I already made a support ticket in-game and received a template response from a GM who for sure hadn’t even read what I’d written because I was asked to refer to Wowhead for help with the quest…

I’m not the only one with this bug. It’s happened to a friend of mine as well (he too tried out the prepatch on PTR). There’s also threads of this on the US forums.

I really don’t want to have to grind Echos all over again. I’d appreciate it if the Echos could be credited back to me in some way.

1 Like

It may have been an automated response to help with the ticket load. Just reply and hopefully you should get a real person.
Best of luck… I know what a pain grinding those echoes was.

1 Like

I’ve been able to acquire 18 Echos since last night, if Blizzard finds a way to credit my lost Echos I’d have exactly 40 to complete the quest. I’m really hoping they do it.

Hi there, Rigamortic!

So, please do reopen that ticket to get it investigated so we can let you know what’s going on. :slight_smile:

Yours,

Arythwinn

1 Like

Hi Arythwinn, I have opened another ticket and I’m just waiting on someone to look into it.

Thank you!

Same problem for me. I also made a copy to the PTR. Came back to live and quest gone and all the Echo’s with it. Now of 0/40… …

1 Like

This happened for me also. First at 38/40, then a Beta copy, all gone, then I was at 31/40 and made a PTR copy, and now the quest is gone again. :frowning:
I have made a bug report in game.

2 Likes

Update: Another game master reached out to me after I made the second ticket and he very kindly credited my lost Echos so I could complete the quest.

Thank you Blizzard!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.