The Forsaken figurehead SPOILER

Sure. She is, for the moment, with the Forsaken, in an important capacity, Caring for the Night Elf Forsaken. So much was already clear.

How is her being with Bolvar a step further, then?

She is promoted from being Lillians wingman to lone representative left there.

For all we know, Voss might die in the novel.

Only if you assume that this is supposed to be a meeting of racial representatives, which you have no basis for, as you admitted yourself. At most she is one of a group of HORDE representatives, including Valeera. Not ā€œTHEā€ Forsaken representative.

Why would she be a Horde representative there?

Maybe because her personal skillset was requested there. Maybe because she was just available. Maybe Lilian had more important stuff to do with her people than going to Icecrown. Maybe the devs just didnā€™t care for a reason, but wanted to have her in place for whatever comes after. And yes, MAYBE it says something about her position in the Forsaken hierarchy. But itā€™s not more certain than any other explanation.

I admit that Iā€™m following on the usual trend about making this reunions be about including a figurehead from each race.

A stance that I feel has some credit to it, given Blizzard didnā€™t just pick a series of Horde and Alliance characters at random, and instead tried to have something resembling one protagonist for each race.

And I insist that given the treatment Calia receives in the events that lead to this situation, her appearing there does seem to go beyond some circumstancial event that had several Horde figures being handpicked.
Letā€™s not forget, this is supposed to be a calling to spread a particular message. This requires the presence of those whose voice can actually be heard by the population.

Youā€™re looking at it too much from an in-world perspective. It would be nice, if the authors just chose whichever character they thought would be likely to go on this particular mission. But I donā€™t think they do, and Iā€™d frankly be surprised if you did.

We know that they have some story prepared for Calia. It might be taking over the Forsaken, but if it isnā€™t they would still want to present her prominently where we can see them, so that they can setup whatever comes next for her. If Calia plays a pivotal role in an ā€œevil Lightā€ plot, for example, theyā€™d want us to have some emotional connection towards her, even if we havenā€™t read any novels, because any arc she goes through would fall flat otherwise. So yeah, I am not surprised they shoehorn her in on occasions like this. And possibly the prepatch, too.

Voss on the other hand doesnā€™t seem to have any huge role in the story of the near future, outside of Forsaken-only stuff. So Iā€™m not surprised they didnā€™t care to put her there.

Does it make sense in-world? Probably not, but a good author could easily write an excuse why it does. I just donā€™t think it matters here.

Calia is still not confirmed as the Forsaken leader but Tyrande treats her as such talking about how is peace possible with her ā€œkindā€ after the Burning of Teldrassilā€¦but this is probably just her deep rage talking actually, considering she also says Lorā€™themar is a coward just because he is a bit cautious :stuck_out_tongue: so yeah, Tyrande treats Calia as the Forsaken leader but this could just be her deep rage and blind hatred talking actually

+1

yes

i love her so much. big, sexy, axe-wielding genki girl who just wants to fight and drink and be happy instead of saddest-orc who is sad due to having done a lot of genocides and boo hoo

more geyaā€™rah pls

2 Likes

Bit off topic, but I agree on this.

She reminds me of her uncle Gaā€™nar

1 Like

Not really. She treats her as a Forsaken, which is stupid enough, but I donā€™t see where she treats her as a leader. She holds all undead responsible for Teldrassil.

No!
No no no!
Not Calia!
Is it Blizzardā€™s blasted hobby to ruin the Forsaken?!

1 Like

They already did that with the novel before the storm.

She was disguised at the gathering. Spineless little lightforged walking dead thing.

2 Likes

So they butchered one of the core figures of this game (Sylvanas) just to replace her with Calia? I thought they already said once that Calia wonā€™t lead the Forsaken (maybe Iā€™m mistaken).

Anyway, this is starting to look very depressing. Theyā€™re trying to push redemption for Forsaken really bad. Whatever manā€¦ done with the story in this game.

3 Likes

Blizzard is full of lies. Nothing new or unexpected here.

same here. They ruined the Forsaken for me.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure the cult of the Forgotten Shadow canā€™t wait to drop aside everything thatā€™s defined them and embrace the light. Oh waitā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll just pretend there was the least bit of info pointing in the direction of Calia being Forsaken leader here, instead of explaining again why all of your reactions are kinda prematureā€¦ But this one here is an easy lore point:

ā€¦that one doesnā€™t really hit. Even in the (yeah, I know, non-canon by now) RPG-books the Forgotten Shadow believed that a balance between Light and Shadow was needed, and that one should learn Light as well as Shadow, though undead are obviously closer to the latter.

And that was pretty much canonized in Legion, with the Natalie Seline story, which is the canon origin of the cult.

Soā€¦ yeah, I donā€™t see those guys having a problem embracing the presence of the Light, and even learning about it, since their religion, different from the church, was actually always based on duality. They donā€™t have to drop any of their believes to do that.

2 Likes

Calia already have gather up Dark Rangers, and became at least an moral leader. Leader that helps currently forsakens to be close together in such dark days.
In other words Calia makes forsakens stronger -> Calia makes Horde stronger!

And it was Anduin, who managed to save Calia in the first placeā€¦

I heard so many times, when Horde fans were calling their current leaders, as actually Alliance leaders. Well in that case Anduin is clearly the Horde leaderā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.