The game won't start

Good day. Why does nothing happen when I click the (play) button in (Battlenet).
the game won’t start
I bought the game itself and the subscription to it 5 days ago

1 Like

I had a similar problem with Hearthstone and I think the “Scan and Repair” option is what fixed it for me. But you should probably check other options first as Scan and Repair can be pretty lengthy.

Check your Antivirus.

Same issue here.
I’ve spent many many hours in the past few days trying to resolve this with every suggested fix i’ve come across.

Things ive tried that did not help:
scanning&repair tool
adding the following command lines: -d3d11 -nosound -windowed
updating all drivers.
I even upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11.
uninstalling and re-installing game
uninstalling and re-installing battlenet launcher
deleting WTF folder, config folder .gx file, all the things any forum suggested deleting
reinstalling again after i deleted all those things.

anyway what seems to show the most promise (as to what the issue is, not the solution), is this quite active thread on the US forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/is-anyone-having-issues-launching-their-game/1796400
Seems to narrow it down (starting about 100 comments in) someone suggested SOPHOS antivirus and they seem to be on to something.
Specifically hitmanpro.alert function from SOPHOS. They said if they ctrl-alt-delete find hitmanpro, end task (it will immediatly start up again) and start the game up before it does, it works for them. Problem, is I do not have the sophos anti-tamper key for this laptop, so i can not end this task, or uninstall sophos.

Lots of people in that thread saying the problem started on the feb 26th updates (or 29th?? cant remember exact date). I usually do not use this computer (with sophos) so I did not notice until I left the country last week with this laptop. Game used to run fine with this computer.
This is wotlk and SoD. dont have retail installed so IDK about that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.