The Gear Confusion of S2 is back.....yet again

In season 2 we had a big problem that even though gear was Veteran from season 2, only gear acquired from Raid/Dungeons was eligible to be used on the Catalyst

Season 3 finally removed that issue that anything that was Veteran or higher gear, was eligible to be used on the Catalyst.

Now in Season 4, it got reversed again!
So the Champion gear you get from The Last Hurrah weekly is not able to be used in the Catalyst while it’s season 4 gear. Apparently it’s not labeled as Awakened gear, so it’s not eligible to be used on the Catalyst. The reward is Cache of the Awakened Storms, So you expect to contain Awakened Champion Gear! This is bring back the gear confusion and separation that Season 2 gear was suffering from that only Raid/dungeons was eligible for the Catalyst. This excludes casuals and the outdoor world players yet again from getting Champion gear unless they do timewalking (which is limited time) or Mythic week.

It’s rather confusing that Blizzard makes this 180 on this decision since S3 was a really good season that players came back because the system was so accessible!

3 Likes

I hope it is just a bug or intended to be put in later, else I will remain confused at how they seem to flip back and forth between giving us good things then taking them away. I am happy that at least LFR is boosted to a good ilevel.

Was looking for the post I read last night and it said.

S4 gear would have one charge per week, however any S3 gear would have unlimited charges.

I just cant seem to find which one it was but remember it being a blue post explaining. May even have been here somewhere on the forums.

" Blizzard

View Original

ITEMS

• Revival Catalyst charges have been reset to 1. One charge is earned each week (was every 2 weeks).

AWAKENED

• Earn 1 Antique Bronze Bullion a week per character by defeating Awakened bosses, with the cap rising by 1 each week. Note that if you miss a week, you’ll be able to catch up to the current weekly max."

So the question remains - where is our charge? Next week?