The irony in it

but thats how the game works though, that is wow, for the players that dont enjoy that type of stuff retail has spent the last 10 years perfecting the game for players that just want the end game

1 Like

Don’t fool yourself, you’re still gonna be behind. 2 levels behind, no gold, no epic mount, and no T3 which is almost pre-BiS. I suggest you to not even start in such disadvantage.

1 Like

but retail is nothing like tbc classic

3 Likes

I can live with being behind in gear, I don´t want to be behind for weeks just because I need to do Classic leveling first :slight_smile: I just want to do TBC content at the beginning of the expansion, not weeks/months later.

4 Likes

given the state i got to tbc for the first time in all those years ago, them greens boosted chars get will be like god mode

Yes, I think they would. I agree, it is bizzare that many people don’t care for the integrity of the MMORPG, but apparently it is the reality.

I never understood all those who hate levelling. To me, it’s raiding that’s repetitive. While levelling is fun and different every time. But I understand that I’m the minority in this.

3 Likes

exactly, tbc is nothing like retail, like i said retail has perfected the art of rushing end game, why try and do the same for tbc?

1 Like

hardly ruining the game though is it? i slimply prefered tbc to classic so i would rather jump straight in to it, i havent managed to get a char to 60 in classic yet, due to burn out, work and other commitments. though i have rolled a few alts, because i do kinda like the leveling experience
ironically i dont like the dungeon boosting meta i prefer to actually play the dungeon, but is hard to find a group at (on my server anyway). so for me the boost is welcome so i can jump straight in to tbc (the expansion i loved most)

Do you need a new tinfoil hat or are you okay with that one?

8 Likes

loled irl <3

1 Like

how can you justify it not ruining the game when youve hardly played the game by the sounds of it, i understand you have work, family etc, but so do i

if thats the case retail is perfect for you, im not saying you shouldnt play tbc, like you said its youre most loved expansion and i respect that but it doesnt mean an entire world should be skipped

i do appreciate you honesty, im just here to understand not just down right say youre wrong

2 Likes

ive played the game a surprising amount, ive have made a few alts, but idk it just takes me ages to do most things, i pretty much quid during MoP, and came back for a month here and there, so ive barely played retail atall for yeeears as i didnt like how the game changed with talents etc over the years
when classic was announced i was hyped, i couldnt wait, (i think i started a month or so before tbc launched so never got to really experience it) and it was fun, but it is taking me so long to level a boost would be welcome to me, it is a one time boost after all. and tbh ill prob level my alts too and experience all the classic content also

and to be honest by the time i got to 60 then 70 organically id prob be a phase or two behind

Because of :
-accustomisation to microtransactions
-accustomisation of getting dopamine spikes as soon as possible instead of enjoying it through a period
-Laziness

1 Like

See, this is the retail mentality.

Behind? Behind what? This isn’t a race between players. We’re pretty much at the end of Classic and there are still people doing MCs. Heck, a fresh dinged 60 could probably get into any raid outside of Naxxramas.

1 Like

retail mentality? ive not really played for years. no, its not a race, but id rather just jump straight in to tbc, it is my preferred expansion. its almost like you expect me to have to earn the right to play a game

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat, I’m going to get a boost so my friends and I can play together. We’re also going to be Alliance this time instead of Horde (not my choice :sob:). I have zero interest in suffering through Classic’s painful slow grindy levelling again in order to enjoy TBC. The boost is great for this and it’s what it’s aimed at IMO. To allow people to jump straight in. It’s only available once per account as well.

4 Likes

you have no interest in playing a major part of the game?, and if grinds arnt for you have fun in tbc where you’ll be grinding rep over and over, i would say youd also be farming mats to craft your bis gear but boosts wont have any professions so before you can even do that you’ll be running around EK and kalimdor leveling profs…

2 Likes

I started playing World of Warcraft during TBC, I’m well aware of what’s involved.

It can be hard to understand that people have different interests. I’m different to you. You like Classic and the levelling within it. That is great. I want to play TBC, I don’t want to play Classic. I tried Classic when it came out and I have no interest in nor is my 60 Horde Hunter of any use to me.

I know that I can go and catch up on whatever profession choices I make when I cap. It will be much faster than levelling a character from scratch.

4 Likes

its not about liking classic leveling, its about preserving the integrity of the game, if a massvie change such as a level 58 boost is coming why stop all the little changes and before you know the game is ruined,

my interests isnt leveling, i want to play tbc, but that doesnt mean you take away half the game

2 Likes