The Jailors identity speculation theory

I was thinking about the Jailor and Sylvanas and her deal with Helya. Helya is the “Step daughter” of Odyn. Who used some unknown kinda magic to create planes to lock up powerful figures. Which made me think, shes kinda a jailor as well in Shadowlands context?

Now the idea that popped up in my head; Could Helyas real father be the Jailor? Perhaps Helya got the same fate as her father?

This would connect Helya her deal with Sylvanas, working with her father to set him free and Helya etc etc. Also explain this unkown type of magic Sylvanas used, Jailor death themed chains and all. Thoughts?

1 Like

i want the jailor to be a nobody no lore connections please

I agree. It would take away if it was just someone we beat once, warmed up again, or X’s “real father”.

1 Like

Im fine with new content or completely fresh characters… Wouldnt a nobody character lack depth though?

not if you build them over the expansion i mean I’m assuming he wouldn’t be like the first raid boss

2 Likes

Was more thinking in terms of Odyns dirty laundry, cus this story about Helya being his step daughter and the kind of magic she used was never specified.

Either way though, it being a nobody or someone with lore connections. Could both be good or bad depending on the story telling imo.

1 Like

According to WoWpedia Helya was a titanforged-sorceress and gifted with magic. She helped in crafting the elemental-planes. Nothing about completely doing it alone or her magic being unknown to others.

1 Like

WoWedia just summarises the lore, Im refering to the way this is being formulated in Chronicle. The way they describe the magic in the book might change ur opinion. Ill look them up later, been a while since I read it myself. Unless theyre using exact quotes from the book, I thought thought there was more to it.

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this, but I heard from a reliable source who was speaking to his sister’s husband, who works as an associate for Blizzard in the US, and knows a guy in their customer service team that was laid off with those 800 jobs, that he knows a woman with connections in the development team, and she overheard Lore telling Ion Hazzikostas that he didn’t want salad cream in his sandwich, but he’d ran out of mayo… so I think that’s a clear sign of it there.

1 Like

I defied you!

But no, I really don’t see how being related to some side character would make the Jailor any more interesting. Especially since we are talking about gods. Do we really need love-making and child-bearing from them?

Also… the Jailor already kind of is the reason for Helya’s existence. Odyn gave his eye to him for knowledge, and learned to create Valk’kyr from that. The jailor gave him the means of making Helya the first Val’kyr. Isn’t that enough of a connection to play on, if you need one?

3 Likes

Omg this revelation. I personally imagined him as a masochist, demanding his staff to dress as incubuses, tie him up in the staff room and yelling things like “Call me a trash shaman” or “Nerf me”. But the mayo makes sense.

I hadnt thought of the eye bit, that also kinda ties in. Interesting

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.