The layer system has issues

Ok, so I am an old player who has returned with high hopes for the game. The only real issue I have with WoWF so far is the layer system. It’s an interesting idea, but I’m not convinced it is the right way to go… For example, I was grouped up with another player, doing a quest. We cleared the area of mobs, finished the quest, and then the other player disbanded the party, which caused me to change layer. This meant that all the mobs we had cleared instantly reappeared, and I was attacked by around 7 or 8 mobs at the same time, which just wiped me out with no chance to get away. I don’t think this is a good way for things to be. If I make a decision, and get wiped, then that’s on me, but if I get wiped by something that is inherent to the design of the game, then that is something I feel needs to be addressed… Can we keep layer changes to the main cities, and not have it happen in situations like I described? It seems to me that maybe having named servers would be the preferred option, as in the original WoW one of the cool things was knowing who the best guilds on the server were. It gave a sense of pride in being in a guild, gave a sense of belonging to that server, and fostered a friendly competition between the guilds as well as they vied for the top spots.

Edit: I realise this is probably not the right place for this, but it wouldn’t let me post to the WoWF bit for some reason.