The logic of gear

So I decide to ‘easily win’ against a 108k HP priest and 85k HP Shaman, that are dueling in the Stormwind gate area.

I am using my 178k HP Shaman wth 381 item level.

Easy win for me, right?

Wrong.

First the priest -absolutely- destroys me. My lightning lasso doesn’t do almost any damage. I can’t damage it, it CCs me so much I can hardly cast, and I am full of dots and I just lose HP and die.

Then the shaman, 85k HP, with gear of 325 , 285 and such, absolutely murders me, although I try to damage it best I can. I can’t even do 15% damage with lightning lasso.

I try to seek explanations, but they’re pretty flimsy. Ok, one gear item was broken against the priest, but that doesn’t explain it all. The lowbies can just gank a higher level without problems, while higher level gear (I have like 395, 385 and such) doesn’t do even damage.

Is there scaling in world PvP or what the heck? Why are lowbies so unkillable and OP, while higher gear just makes you weak?

What the HECK is the logic or point of gearing UP, if lowbie gear is MORE powerful?

I do’nt get this game, I don’t understand why everything is so illogical (level 20 paladin can EASILY kill level 44 mage, no chance to fight back and then it superheals, too, and even that same 44 mage was able to relatively easily and quickly bring a 120 monk down in HP, almost faster than 120 druid)!

Couldn’t we get LOGIC to these ‘levels’ and ‘gear’, please? This would mean you can ALWAYS predict, if you can win a duel or not. Now it’s like a gamble unless you ‘inspect’ every time thoroughly and do a lot of math.

What the heck, why can’t 20 be more powerful than 10, and why can’t 120 be more powerful than 60? Why can’t 395 gear be more powerful than 325 gear?

_W_H_Y_?!

P.S. In the end, I WAS able to kill a level 100 priest, but even that took way more effort than it should’ve, and my lightning lasso didn’t do damage again. Would be nice if lightning lasso could work, and if the push would also always work.

1 Like

It’s cause this game is no longer a mmorpg, it’s just some weird single player game that has online modes of play

Mostly because besides gear there is also skill
Its also weird you dont mention the classes you dueled by spec, which implies you didn’t know what specs they were, which implies you didn’t know how to counter them which implies you were probably not doing anything to stop/avoid their damage output or recovery

Gear gives you bigger numbers, but you posted earlier examples where you were the undergeared ones so, maybe potentially possibly the gear isnt the issue

3 Likes

It does hp% damage. It impacts higher hp players more

and this has happened due to the game appealing to the more casual player audiences since back in Mists and Cata. If you did LFR / just random bgs. Your face > the ground, since you would have minimal stats while fighting people who were mega geared. thats the general feel of why it is, how it is now.

TLDR Remove scaling and introduce ways to gear through pvp. I have 420 ilvl on my main and it still takes ages to kill noobs…

1 Like

Would it be fair to suggest that two players is twice as as one player and that skill and ability to predict/counter the enemies by which CD’s they’ve used so far plays a big role, not just raw ilvl?

Gear does matter. Better gear gives you more secondary stats = more damage, even though the damage is scaled to opponents/your hp.

Gear just does not matter as much as it used to except for trinkets.

Too many factors.

So we’ve got scaling, gear, skill and the fact that some specs are basically in a permanent god mode, whilst others fall over if you sneeze whilst facing away from them.

Could we just get it down to skill, or if that’s a stretch just skill and gear?

I’m guessing they knew which buttons to push and you didn’t.

Personally I find ele shamans to be among the strongest 1vs1 spec’s at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.