The Mantids' Mettle and other battle pet quests

I just want to know, is it by design this activity so disappointing and humilating?
Last time I tried it was some stone statue ramming my pets out of screen, now the bug kills this Shadowbarb Hatchling in ONE (!!!) hit!
Again was my error, instead of just abandoning this quest for I even dont know what reward, I studied the case, upgraded some of my pets to level 25 wasting charms, then hunted Unborn Valkyr because some “guide” told me it will help win the pet battle, now the quest changed and I have to fight a bug who kills my 25 level pets in 1 hit.
I want to know, the Devs - do they even test whatever ideas and mechanics BEFORE releasing? I just dont get it, whats wrong with this game and people behind it? Now what, I’m supposed to spend WEEKS leveling another pets who have strengths against the mantid, but whats the point if the quest will change next day? Do you expect me to level up every pet family which will take weeks, to just be able to do the daily, and in the end get what, a silly mount, which isnt that great anyway and I will get bored with it after several hours.
I’m so tired of constantly rushing to catch the carrot that constantly flies away from under my nose, I just dont have a luxury to spend so much time every day. Some of us have jobs and families, maybe even careers, so you know what, play your silly game yourself.

You got bad advice, perhaps, or a muddled explanation, and took a wrong turn somewhere.

This battle is trivial with level 1 pets. If you got in with all level 1 pets, your opponent also becomes level 1, and is easily beaten. But now you have upgraded your Shadowbarb Htchling to 25, your opponent will always be level 25, and harder to beat; the level 1 “cheat” is off the table, so you have to use all level 25 pets.

The Valk is a very useful pet, though.

I’ll log on, take a look, and see if there is a strat using the 25s you’ve got. Back soon.

OK. I succeeded with the following strat, using the same breed of Valk that you have and a slightly worse (for this purpose) breed of Squirrel.

1. Valk: Curse of Doom
  2. Valk: Haunt
    Bring in Squirrel
  3. Squirrel: Crouch
  4. Squirrel: Stampede …
    Squirrel dies
    Bring in Valk
    Shadow Shock until dead.
    If the Valk dies as well, you can try finishing him off with your Shadowbarb.

This is not an ideal strat. The Squirrel may die too easily, and you may have to repeat to get it to work.

An alternative is to capture and level an Infected Squirrel and use this strat:

or buy your pets to use this strat:

but I really think the one I laid out above should work within the first 2 or 3 tries.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.