The merchant doesn't want that item

Is this going to be the next mindcontrol dc bug or is this going to be resolved at some point?
I know there is “trash” items that are quest related and cannot be sold but i have no such item in my bags.

it is an item with no value?

No…
I have tested it by using a character with almost nothing besides some gear and HS in the bags trying to sell junk with value. Same issue.

You aren’t trying to sell something and you get that pop up? Or you are trying to vendor something and it pops up? Or you are relying on vendor all trash to do something for you when you visit a vendor and it pops up?

Using the sell all junk button.
Sorry, should have said that (even though one might assume it to be obvious but w/e).

It’s best not to presume when it comes to people having issues.

The only time I’ve had that message is when I’m trying to sell things that have no vendor price. Like from the catch up gear system when a character has been inactive for a long time, or when I’ve boosted and it’s given the character gear.

I have the same issue with the sell all junk button and i have no idea what item is creating the issue. Or why the game wont sell the other junk at the same time.
Its pretty annoying

But that’s green items. Sell all junk is supposed to sell grey items.

Yes, I wasn’t saying otherwise. I was merely explaining that’s the only time I’ve seen that message.

It sounds like something is bugging, especially if you can’t find an actual grey in your bag that isn’t sellable.

One post I found suggested using clean bags option as follows:-

I was able to fix this by assigning one of my bags as “Junk” and then clicking on “Clean up bags”. I don’t have any bag management add-ons so this is done from stock UI.

I can understand if you don’t want to do that though. I hate the clean bag option with a passion.

If the problem persists it’s worth doing a bug report in game.

I actually use that option quite frequently. :sweat_smile:

I will send a bug report. However it would honestly surprise me if Blizzard wasn’t aware of this since i am not the only with that issue.

1 Like

Fair enough!!! It’s one of the things I disable. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

You are not alone but do the bug report anyway. The more data the better IMO.

We report in game but there are topics about it on the US bug forum:-

Have you taken Res Sickness recently and the item’s durability is not 100%?
Res Sickness inflicts damage on items in your bags as well as the ones you’re wearing.

Click the button! You know you want to!

I’ve had that issue as well when trying to “sell all junk”. The game doesn’t tell you which item is causing the issue, but I tried storing some items with no value among some other items to the bank and after that the problem was fixed.

Good point but no. I usually just press repair all which also repairs everything in your bag regardless of quality.

I had the same issue. I found the item and deleted it and everything went back to normal.
I don’t remember what it was though, but I think it was a quest reward like Chromie buff or smth.
Definitely it was something in my bag I couldn’t even sell normally.

I had this with the random books you pickup while doing certain quests in Duskwood, you just have to remove the items then you can auto sell the other stuff after.

Blizzard could fix this easily by making the items sell for a copper or some other small amount.

Whenever i try using “sell all junk items” button with my chars that have herbalism, i get this warning. I don’t get it with any of my other chars and i don’t use any add-ons that sell junk items automatically. And i’m not even trying to sell herbs to vendor, i just wanna get rid of junk items in my bags :confused:

Had this problem and went through my bags, found the culprit . . . https://www.wowhead.com/item=97979/the-bear-and-the-lady-fair

Yeah for me it was the dusty old robot quest item from Blingtron…