The merging of servers were extremly unfairly done

This semi-forced transfer onto an already existing server was extremely unfair for us who had to move. Personally I lost my main’s name, my identity, to someone who is not even level 60 and who have not raided since phase 2 (at least judging by warcraftlogs).

If we would have instead transferred to a completely new server at least the active/dedicated player-base would have had a chance to keep their names, their identities.

Another solution would have been to allow the higher level character to claim their name. All anyone on for example Living Flame had to do when Blizzard announced the merge was to log on once to lock the name to them, even if they really had no intention to continue playing SoD.

On top of this bs, Blizzard do not even allow character name changes on SoD servers to change names which was perhaps a bit too hastily changed at the point of transfer.

2 Likes

what’s in a name?

Its for greater good.
They did say you will be able to keep the name if its inactive account, guess the guy was inactive on that char and not account as a whole so tuff luck.

There is no magic solution to this and id say this is pretty much as good as u can get with least amount of headake so yea just get over it farm some logs and all will be fine, really wow just started theres plenty phases left.

You are on a new server where 80% of ppl do not know you so this identity is kinda made irrelevant eitherway.