The Mount Poll

STOP VOTING ANCIENT!!! VOTE CATERPILLAR!

#CuriousCaterpillar2020

2 Likes

You voted for another infernal mount… at least caterpillar can be something new, not just a reskin

I have nothing against reskins if they offer a new theme.
Recolours are where it gets lazy.

I am pretty sure the Caterpillar would/could have ended up as a reskinned Basilisk, i dislike those mounts because they’re super long. It looks silly how you ride on their neck and they have like 90% of their body behind you, they’re too long.

I said it in my original opinion in another thread, doing this poll without concept art was a mistake but hey, I appreciate it anyway.
I am 100% sure we will see a caterpillar mount regardless.

That’s the point of a poll though. Only one thing can win. Otherwise there would be no point in voting.

1 Like

A reskin of what? We don’t have any tree mount yet.

While I agree, taste is subjective.

What type of content are you thinking of? Like vote for a new world quest? What could have been interesting in BfA would be a vote for the next Warfront so that we the players (and therefore those taking part in the war) could have had a say in where the war progressed. Since that could have had story implications, maybe it wouldn’t be a good choice as it could force the writers’ hands. I wonder if something like vote for a new island theme would have been good and revived some interest in islands? Since I haven’t read up too much on the details of the Shadowlands systems, I can’t really suggest a type of content there where a vote might be appropriate, but I’d be interested to hear what others think.

Yeah, but that’s why I think voting on everything might be risky.

That one option gets the majority of votes does not mean that the majority of the players voted for that option.

In this case it is just a mount and I don’t mind it. But imagine making an important gameplay decision that 2/3 of players didn’t vote for.

2 Likes

that wasnt the point tho, was it?

the point was that although one thing won, there are a lot of people who are left dissatisfied. and if only ever type or style x gets voted for, others will automatically lose out on it long term cause the thing they voted for will never have the chance of getting implemented.

Including who?
I’m sure as hell can’t vote because I don’t have character on US.

if you are talking about the current mount vote, you can vote too as long as you have shadowlands. there are two polls, one for the us and one for the eu.

Link, please?

if you scroll down in general you can find the thread.

edit: if you click through the links mentioned in the article you end up here:

where you can vote.

1 Like

You will never use it… We all know no one rides mounts that do not fit through doorways… So we will end up with a Ancient that people will ride the first week and then go on a direwolf or cat because they do fit through doorways…

4 Likes

I realize that, hence the emoticon. :innocent:

1 Like

HAHAHA ALL this ASSMONBALD simp who voted caterpillar . Don’t cry , Blizzard will not loose potential Money . The mount who will not win the poll are going to make in one day in the Blizzard game store . Or like azeroth choppers in game for 2m + gold

3 Likes

My favorite mounts are the Cloud Serpents, I use them all the time and they have issues fitting through doors.
Although most doors in BFA are pretty huge, at least for Horde.

Please don’t tell me what I do and do not want, I am not a child, it is personal opinion.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for them to reveal cat mount #984 with the new Snot Saber. Goodie!

1 Like

You wont use it… Its that simple. You can say you will but you wont and no one does this… I can go to every major city RN and i will maybe see 3-6 transmog mounts and thats its.

And Cloud serpents are one of the smallest cool looking flyers the rest also does not fit through doors so you see them being used less… My fav are dragons but i also use cloud serpent because i do not want to mount and dismount all the time.

I would pick Ancient too but i know i will never use it like 99% of the playerbase because big mounts are annoying to often.

My favorite colour is red.
Care to educate me on why red is in fact not my favorite colour?

PS right now I am in Dazar and I see:
2 Grand yaks
1 Mammoth
1 Green Fel Dog thing
2 Serpents
1 Fel steel annihilator
1 of the fel dog type things from Argus
1 Invincible reins
and 1 of the nzoth drakes from HC.

Tell me again about how nobody uses larger mounts?

2 Likes