The Mount Poll

Nevermind the actual mounts, i think this sets such a huge precedent that Blizzard is actively including the community in their decision making like this. Even if its something trivial like a mount.

It’s such a good thing to involve people directly with the developers on broader stuff like this, just look at OSRS, game was about ready to fall over, and the community voted updates made the game flourish.

Of course leave balancing and stuff to Blizzard since the average wow player knows squat about balancing. But if we could see more polls on Content/Story/Transmog/Battlegrounds/Dungeons/Quests and whatnot i think that would be one of the best things to ever happen to World Of Warcraft.

9 Likes

If only they included us in more class and play-style decisions :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Again, i think indvidual class balancing should never be in the players hands. Because everyone would just vote for ‘‘Make me OP’’.

But general gameplay stuff like content, should 100% be voted for by the community.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s a scheme to divide players among themselves, and when the final pick comes out, they’ll blame each other… :thinking: :thinking:

Nah, my tinfoil hat is too damp from rain for this.

2 Likes

While I’m not opposed to some poll based content, I don’t think they should over do it.

There needs to be a mix of things and the minorities in the poll should get some attention aswell.

Let’s take the mount poll as an example. Currently there’s around 35% of voters for the ancient mount, while the rest of the votes is somewhat evenly divided on the rest of the mounts. So creating the ancient mount will make roughly 1/3 of voters happy, but there’s still 2/3 of voters that have to accept the poll eventhough it’s not what they voted for.

Given that this is only a mount I’d say this is not a big deal, but when voting on different topics this might be something to take into consideration.

Take transmogs for example. I’m 100% sure that if we vote on new transmogs we’ll only get “cool” transmogs.

Again if that is what the majority of players want that’s fair and the majority of transmogs should look “cool”. But will we not get more whacky or funny transmogs now? Because those people are in the minority and lost the vote?

I think if polls are to be included in WoWs future development it has to be very nuanced, very carefully worded / explained and taking into consideration what the “losing” voters think aswell.

12 Likes

The most played class would always be the strongest xD

So demon hunters would be super strong then?.. Oh wait…

2 Likes

I hope not. Looking at what and how most people post here, these are the last people I would want to decide actual gameplay things. Just leave it to the experts.

3 Likes

I disagree. Players with power = a mess.
Trivial stuff like a mount, sure.

Exactly.

I’d go as far and say, if at all, only aesthetics/story/etc. should be voted for.

I honestly think players should not be able to vote on gameplay at all or we’ll soon get mythic raiding gear from completing world quests and leaving a mythic+ key once will get you perma banned.

Maybe ‘‘gameplay’’ was a poor choice of words.

I meant content, like stuff to do. Not gameplay as in game systems.

1 Like

I’m cynical that the other well received ideas such as the Spell Tome are gong to end up on the WoW store or some other promotional scheme.

Assuming they don’t do that though then yes, I am happy to see a random vote happen like this.

I am also glad to see EU and US vote the same way it would have been a nightmare had we voted different.

Still bad. Because most players have bad taste. :upside_down_face:

I don’t think it matters if we voted differently they’d just compound the votes across all regions anyway.

I know, but then EU would complain that X mount won on their polls but US decided their mount anyway.

Ther alternative would be separate mounts, which would cause trouble too.

Petty drama but forum drama that would get annoying nonetheless.

1 Like

Personally I would like the caterpillar. It doesn’t seem like it will win D:

2 Likes

Yeah i voted caterpillar too lol, shame, maybe next time

1 Like

I voted for Ancient but Caterpillar was a close second.
I can not believe the second most popular choice on EU & US is another saber. How boring.

1 Like

The ancient could be cool if they did that thing people have been suggesting to have it act like the blossoming ancient pet and change colors and stuff with the seasons.

So in summer its green, in fall its yellow & red, in winter its snow covered, and in spring its blooming with flowers and stuff

That would sell the ancient 110% for me, but just a tree? Thats boring.

2 Likes

Haha my exact thought IMMIDIATELY as i started reading

1 Like