The Naga curse

Alexandros Mograine says: Baroness, your original night elf form was restored in the afterlife, was it not? Why abandon it for one akin to the naga?

Baroness Vashj says: When I was kaldorei, I was but a handmaiden to my queen. Prized for my beauty, and little else. As a naga, I was recognized and rewarded for my cunning and resolve.

If naga takes their original Kaldorei form upon death, does it mean the curse of Naga can be cured/dispelled?

3 Likes

If satyrn could be made elves again by Eline, why not. It’s magic. Anything is possible.

Not a satisfactory answer, but the only one you are likely to get, until it happens. What happens after death doesn’t habe much to do with that. Vashj could have chosen another body, sure, but that’s just because her Maldraxxus body isn’t her original body anyways. That one rotted away on Outland.

4 Likes

If anything it suggest that at least this curse doesnt condemn you for eternity and death provides a cure. On the other hand most naga seem fanaticaly loyal to Azshara and Void so I’d hazard a guess majority of them wouldnt be want to be rid of it even if it was an option.
What about newborn naga though I wonder. We’ve seen Naga eggs in Nazjatar. So could an egg-hatched Naga be turned into an elf? Modern day gnomes could been transformed back into mechagnomes in Northrend but at the same time I dont recall anyone turning humans into Vyrkul or Elfs into Trolls. As a biologist I cant help wondering how all of this might work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I assume, the new naga does not take the form of the Nightelf, but the cursed ones get the choice to have their original form.

1 Like

I think it can be. But we saw Azshara shift back into her land form and that wasnt shown to be a vision. I’m pretty sure Naga can take on their land forms if they want to.

Wasn’t that just an illusion spell, tho?

1 Like

Like is said. When she shifted into her land form it appeared as Queen Azshara herself in person and not as an illusion.

Hey… just want to say…

That’s what an illusion spell does, it make you appear like something/someone you are not, or do not look like (anymore).

When I use illusion spell on my mage, I can look like the player I targetted.

Idk, I’m just saying what I saw. I still think in my opinion Naga can use their land forms if they want to. It does make sense since Naga is a mutation and not something natural. And it would help with them becoming an allied race.

1 Like

There was never even a single hint that Naga could freely switch forms like Worgen can.
They’re gifted by N’zoth, their flesh forever enhanced, their DNA ultimately rewritten.

Ones appearance in the Shadowlands clearly is an amalgamation of anima shaped by your consciousness and/or paradigm.

I know that. But giving they are one of the most powerful spellcasters and sorcerers they probably do have that magic to change back if they want to, much like how Azshara did. It’s just my opinion though.

At what point did Azshara shift back into her humanoid form? ô.O’

She did that in Azsuna. And her land form appeared as her true self, while her Naga form as an illusion.

That’s ultimately incorrect.
Her “true self appearance” is a blasted illusion.
It’s been a while, but I believe she even says so.

2 Likes

I don’t know. But when she appears in Azsuna like I said her Naga form is the illusion while her elven form is herself. It might be a bug though idk. But having the Naga the ability to turn back into their elven forms would be an interesting thing.

???

Her naga form is her true form, her elven form is the illusion. If I use illusion on my gnome mage, my gnome is still my true form, not whatever I changed into.

And as Tsaranoga said, she even said so herself, using an illusion spell to show her former elven form.

2 Likes

Would be kinda funny too. If after all this time, and that cool Azshara warbringers horror transformation, she could just fingersnap herself back into her elven form.

“Magnificent…” indeed.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.