The Necrotic Wake is still way too difficult

It’s nice to see changes to this completely imbalanced dungeon rolling in, but it’s not nearly enough yet. Did you ever wonder why you don’t find players to join your TNW key? It’s because tanks don’t want to go there. If tanks don’t like a dungeon, the dungeon is dead.

Why do tanks not like TNW? Because the trash packs shred them to pieces with insanely strong white hits while harrassing them with constantly spawning, barely visible ground puddles that drain their entire HP in one or two seconds. Did your tank die again? He probably doesn’t have GTFO installed.

The damage numbers of trash packs finally need to be made somewhat equal across all dungeons. Outdated mechanics need to be reworked or at least be made more visible without requiring addons.

You nerfed Surgeon Stitchflesh and made Tyrannical weeks more bearable. Now nerf Nar’zudah and his Sorcerers or TNW will remain a dead key during Fortified weeks.

They should of left the spear stacking alone, many people could only kill the 3rd boss by using more than one weapon

1 Like

The nerfs don’t come in until reset. I’m hoping it improves the encounter because at present it’s often a key bricker on Stitchflesh.

Changes aren’t in yet, but there are several reasons to not like that dungeon.
It used to be a fan favorite but they made many changes.
The worst one being the count. They lowered the count so much you need to pull almost everything in the dungeon.
The mobs themselves aren’t really that terrible, the problem is you have to make big pulls due to the timer being tight and needing so much trash for the count.

Then ofc, there are bosses 2 and 3… pug nightmares.

But the affix changes this week made all dungeons easier. I haven’t actually done one this week.

Amarth is mostly a problem because people don’t know you can CC the skeletons before final harvest goes off and it won’t consider them as being alive.

They try to kill them all and then don’t CC if they fail to and you wipe.

Most random dungeon groups couldn’t ever perform this anyway, even if they had the knowledge. It’s just way too difficult.

I think it’s more the matter of interrupts.
They need interrupting so they gather on the tank. Some can do it themselves like pala and DK. DH maybe can do sigil of silence for one? The other tanks are royally screwed if the group doesn’t help. Then it snowballs ofc. The adds still being alive means they weren’t gathered up quickly and you are already behind.

You could just have a paladin use turn evil on one of the mages and a priest use shackle undead on the other, or a hunter use a trap or a rogue blind it and so on.

You won’t have to kill them if you do that, they won’t cast because they’re CCed, final harvest doesn’t consider them to be alive when it goes off if they’re CCed.

I know that. I just find it a last resort.
If the group is good at gathering them up, that won’t be needed. I find it much easier to manage and cleaner.

Also, let’s be honest, if your group can’t interrupt they very much won’t cc.
It just doesn’t solve the problem. It just postpones it.

No need. The tank gets the boss and positions him in a corner. All the skeletons will spawn next to the boss at this point. Easy pickings. They still need to be kicked to avoid the AoE. But no need to do fancy stuff to group them up.

Come on. You know this will never work. Such tactics can’t be applied to random dungeon groups anymore. The game has changed. Nobody is using long ccs anymore. Someone in the group will break them anyway. You could maybe think about such tactics if m+ had no timer, but as long as the timer is there, you can’t even consider this. The best you can expect are somewhat useful interrupts or a death knight that grips the mages into the boss to cleave them down.

Yeah, give stun to the skeletons at the last 1-2 seconds of boss cast… Sounds like mission impossible :joy:

Exactly. Thank you.

I actually already do that. I do recommend other tanks do too. But it’s not what i see when i am pugging on my healer. But, you still need interrupts to gather them on top of the boss. Then you drag the boss to the archer (if you dont have grips or knockbacks).

I dont like it because its laggy