The new forums GIF feature is stupid

A friend made a joke reply at me saying something like ‘how dare you be so sensible’. The friend got a temporary ban for it.

I think some people have had short term bans and still made level 3 though.

Sure, but resetting the 100 day counter on a suspension is stupid

1 Like

The bans are reviewed by a human being, you can also appeal a ban there is a support section for it.

Except bans on wow forum can occur from the reasons that someone does not like your opinion because people are either too thin skinned or 12 year old’s and mass flag you.

Thanks for the clarification Puny :grinning:

1 Like

You can see it like that or you can have a positive outlook on things and just smile at anyone trying to bait an argument and walk away.

I honestly believe that the key is to make the forums a bit less argumentative but still enable debate, the second you feel yourself heating up or an argument getting out of hand is the time to step back and if you do get flagged and a sanction that you feel you don’t deserve fight it.

Blizz is never going to admit they’re wrong. They’ll never lift a suspension lmao

People have had them lifted actually.

Not me personally, I tried and got a right telling off from the GMs :rofl: but then I had technically broken the rules…

At least people can’t add signatures to their account so we get to see the same obnoxious gif every 2nd post.

You do not get banned for having different opinion.

Actually they do and have. Likely, when people wrote appeal they are either too angry or something else is a miss. A forum sanction can be overturned if you interact with the team in calm and polite manner. Respect the moderator team and they’ll show same courtesy to you. Just like any customer service employee would.

2 Likes

He is so hot, I have a man crash :^)

1 Like

Don’t care :white_check_mark:
Didn’t ask :white_check_mark:

You don’t. People just don’t bother to figure anything out by themselves. For example: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wowpedia

Just use the </> button at the top of the text box - About 20 seconds of experimenting and you’d find it.

1 Like

I bet this is going to be you when you can finally post GIFs:

2 Likes

If you are that desperate to post gifs you got to farm upvotes and not get banned i guess

Personally i couldn’t care less. I don’t feel the need to post gifs. It only sucks for people who make topics about upcomign content with links and screenshots from it.

From what i see if you post some link with space somewhere other people will post it for you

But thats what forums are for. To discuss things and have arguments about it. No need to make it less argumentative. Otherwise it will just end up like some fanpage in wich everyone just echos the same things. A lot like threads about sylvanas, especially back when you could still downvote people on the old forums

You do not have to farm anything. Only gateway there is time. The 100 days. Rest the aspects are so minuscule and come in time if you are even remotely active.

Oh and that not to get banned challenge, which - truth to be told - is quite challenging at times considering soon as you have an opinion, it becomes walk on the edge and wild side.

1 Like

The requirements can be clocked up in 50 days as well :wink:

However I wouldn’t recommend farming anything. Just be yourself, post if you want to. Be as active as you are comfortable with.

1 Like

gasp HORDE BIAS!

Had to be said.

Jokes aside, .gifs and T3 is just a bonus. I presume most posters be on T2 which is nice on its own, imo. Trusted links, and all that. RIO should be a trusted link too, I think. Not just wowhead.

1 Like

Imagine getting triggered by gifs