The only good thing about battle pet is....?!

is the warcraft2 Music they are using in battle pet battles.

Different people consider different facets good and bad at different times.

For myself, when I started, I loved three things:

1. It sent me out into all zones of the old world with a purpose. I just love being in various zones, especially the older ones. I wish I didn’t get annoyed by the Survey mechanic of Archaeology, and the progression there was more meaningful - I could happily spend all my WoW time on that alone!
  2. Building a battle capability. I loved that, especially once I grokked breeds and mechanics.
  3. Solving the puzzles of beating every battle with the relatively few pets I had.

Now,

1. Sadly, I no longer need anything from the zones. Shadowlands Safari lasted a couple of days, and all of that in Shadowlands zones where I don’t particularly want to be.
  2. I can beat any challenge easily with the pets I have.
  3. I am sufficiently familiar with methods that only a few of the Family battles made me have to think much, and that was for only one battle.

But yes, I still do enjoy the pet battle music! :slight_smile:

well…i love battle pet, fighting pets on zones is cool But i wanted to PVP so as new player to battle pet…i got & lvl’d 3 random pets to lvl 25 and then whenever i queue? i face enemy that beat me up so easily. i’m aware that certain pets are tooo op, but how come battle pet queue system doesn’t have mmr, it’s never fair for a new player to Face veteran player who have tons of awesome pets/ wins.

makes me think that…if i have zero chance to win? then i’d join only for the music xD

Ah. PvP. (awkward pause)

Yeah, you’re gunna get beat up a lot before you start winning consistently. And you have only … three … pets at 25 now.

Jingles is actually very good for PvP. The Sunflower … can be, in the context of Sunlight teams, but people tend to hate those teams because they drag on battles endlessly. The Erudite Manafiend is really not a good choice for PvP: the Manafiends generally aren’t, and a H/S breed is definitely not.

Having the right pets as Blue 25s in the right breeds is to pet battling what gear is to mainline WoW. If you go into Arena with level 60 starter gear and no trinkets, expect to get destroyed. Same with pet PvP.

If you just want to chalk up some PvP battles

1. Get the addons necessary for PvP: Battle Pet Breed ID, Rematch and Derangement’s Pet Battle Cooldowns
  2. Pick up a dozen or so pets from Tier 1 and Tier 2 of this list, and get them to Blue 25s: https://www.wow-petguide.com/PvP/49/PvP_Pet_Tier_List
  3. Make teams of them - teams with a PLAN! Just throwing good pets together doesn’t make for a good team: you want to pick pets that work well together. This page gives examples of common strategies: https://www.wow-petguide.com/PvP/48/Welcome_to_PvP_Pet_Battling
  4. Watch recent videos from YouTube channels Rosqo and Discodoggy
  5. Still, be prepared to lose a lot of your first 100 or so battles, while you learn to recognise from your opponent’s team what his plan is wnd therefore what he is likely to do next.

As for MMR, there simply are not enough people playing PvP battles to allow for segregated brackets. Long story. Blizzard say that they have put something in so that beginners will predominantly face other beginners, but I’m not sure how that is applied, and how consistently that is applied.

If you want to get into pet PvP, start in Pet Week! During Pet Week, there are beginners in the queue looking to get their Purple stone reward - which is daft, because they could level a pet in 4 minutes during pet week, or earn a Purple stone in three or four world quests anytime, but it is as P.T. Barnum said! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.