The only solution "Free transfer"

Dear Blizzard,

You have tried opening up many realms, that did not solve the issue.
You have tried to increase realm capacity a little bit, that did not solve the issue.
You have fixed a queue bug, that did not solve the issue.
You have shortened the time to get disconnected to combat auto afk players, that did not solve the issue.

But yet again, you fail to listen to the community, we thought you had become better at this.

Now that we have many realms, you NEED to give people a better incentive for moving to a new realm.
This is human psychology, you can’t say “move to the new realm” and then you just go silent about this matter. People invest time in their characters, they might have gotten some nice greens or even blue items early, they might be farming professions. They might have an entire community on their realm, and all their friends might be there.

In order to move large populations out of a realm, you need to open up Free Character Realm transfers. This is the only solution left now. Everyone I know say that the only way they will move to a new server is if they get free transfer. And it is not so difficult to understand if you really think deeply about it (to you as well trolls).

So please Blizzard, do this, we want Classic to succeed. We want to give you our monthly sub, but if you do not give people the best incentive to move realms, then this issue will last for a long time until people just stops playing entirely.

13 Likes

I don’t think we’ll be seeing any FCM until they’ve stopped making servers, two more PvP realms coming. They are still urging people to move themselves by rerolling.

Most important argument I can think of is that as a result of all the launch issues (and its preperation) the character of the only RP Realm is changing already.

So I do concur with OP.

I agree open up transfers already…

2 new servers arent going to fix anything

because

• all the time spent in queue
    & this

Im on firemaw and we have an entire social network on there. some are already level 40.

and now they want us to change server (AGAIN!!) we already moved to firemaw to avoid queue times… -_-

Just wait some days, geez. Pretty sure in a week a lot of tourists will leave. And aren’t you lvl 12? Just start a new character on different realm cause you hardly even played. Its pretty clear at this point that blizz wont do free transfers.

1 Like

I think at this period and time,they should really consider giving players from Shaz,Geh,Gole transfers to new realms.Also take into account those realms are sitting in 10k+ quees and i dont see them going lower even after the “hype” is over.Since then they need to take into account the number of layers and by how mutch did they incress the population cap for each layer.
Also i think they will need to open 5 maybe even more realms if they intend to remove layering and give people FCM to those realms if the goal is to have a healthy 3k pop with no layering on each realm.(also i know Puny you are also on the same page,and thank you for that)

I do think people would be more likely to move if they have FCM. I for one would not start over having reached 20.

2 Likes

Who said this is my highest level character?

I’m not sure that tourists would spend 5 to 9 hours in queue… I don’t think this is a tourist problem, mate.

2 Likes

This, people think queues are gonna get better soon … wrong. At this time just players really want to play Classic are waiting in queues, the situation only can get worse when more “tourist” come to check out the game.

Ofc queue times will get lower as the time goes, dont be silly.

The thing to remember here is that friends, groups, guilds, communities are being split up slowly.

You can tell people to just move, but it will not help to tell people to move. Just think outside of the bubble, outside of the box you are currently in.

But one thing that is guaranteed is that people will quickly start to move if Free Character transfer is implemented. That also counts for low level players.

Remember, people are stubborn!!

How very generous of them to offer that people move at their own wasted time.

I moved prior to launch.
I will not be moving again, at least not restarting.

1 Like

I totally understand that.

I get that there won’t be any FCT before things cooldown and I am okay with that. I hope that in a week / month / half a year, they will start opening op, but remember the longer you wait the harder it will be for people to move as they get attached to their guilds and communities.

I was hoping for the best launch efter, but got the worst possible outcome. Here is a little table of how my friends was organized before the launch, and how it turned out 24 hours after the launch:

Before Launch After Launch
Person Realm Faction Person Realm Faction
Christain Firemaw (PVP) Alliance Christain Razorgore (PVP) Alliance
Emil Firemaw (PVP) Alliance Emil Razorgore (PVP) Alliance
Morten Firemaw (PVP) Alliance Morten Razorgore (PVP) Alliance
Kristian Firemaw (PVP) Alliance Viktor Razorgore (PVP) Horde
Jonathan Firemaw (PVP) Alliance
Viktor Firemaw (PVP) Horde Michael Gandling (PVP) Horde
Michael Firemaw (PVP) Horde Jonathan Gandling (PVP) Alliance
Jesper Firemaw (PVP) Horde
Sandor Firemaw (PVP) Horde Jesper Firemaw (PVP) Horde
Kim Firemaw (PVP) Horde Sandor Firemaw (PVP) Horde
Jakob Firemaw (PVP) Horde Myself Firemaw (PVP) Horde
Myself Firemaw (PVP) Horde
Kim Ashbringer (PVP) Horde
Jakob Ashbringer (PVP) Horde
Kristian Skullflame (PVP) Alliance

I am kinda in the middle of multiple friend groups. This time I had really been looking forward to play with everybody from all my different circle of friends. That dream croubled real quick.

I must admit that even if they open up for FCT I would still be hard pressed to get every friend, and their friends, all to move to one realm again.

That’s really unfortunate. The reason we stayed put is because we’ve set up base here and reserved our names in advance, we advertised etc. I’m fortunate enough that our group chose a PvE server and even our worst queues are nothing compared to the original PvP server ones.

i actually love how hard the community is trying to push this forward yet blizzard will never listen. They will never learn how to properly communicate with their audience.

To be honest i would be surprised if we see any FCM until Phase 2 when the layer system stops

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.