The positivity thread!

I have done what I didn’t think I could’ve done in Remix. I became the Paragon of the Mists by doing mythic Siege of Orgrimmar. It was fun run, only wiped on Malkorok, due to first not soaking and that. Then on Garrosh with the stars and the exploding adds, but got in the end.

Klaxxi Paragons step down. There is new Paragon in the block

6 Likes

Dragonflight might be the most alt-friendly expansion we’ve ever had.

Usually I’ve had one or two max level characters per expansion. In Dragonflight I have four and am soon going to have a fifth, who’s at 60 now.

2 Likes

Which features do you think are the most helpful in that sense?

Fast leveling with lots of choices, easy gearing, lack of grinds like AP.

I can just do the 10.2 campaign on a fresh level 70, do a few weeklies and world events, and be ready for LFR and mythic 0.

Finally pouring rain after weeks of dry heat.

5 Likes

Same, rain and thunderstorms since this afternoon. Here it wasn’t dry lately though, we had a very rainy Spring.

2 Likes

I was extremely worried about teaching my new english class as the school has been falling apart and haemorrhaging teachers all year. Needless to say, we get on like a house on fire.

10 Likes

Snoozing while listening to the rainfall.

7 Likes

That I’ve finally broken out from the circle of negativity and try to remind myself every day that there are people who still love and care about me, trying to ignore all the haters that are too ignorant to understand that I act the way I do because I’m going through some edited by moderator . That and that it’s stopped raining. edited by moderator HATE rain

2 Likes

A long bath in a dark room is bliss.

3 Likes

I had to take first aid training for work today, but the trainer is a friend from outside of work. I was a good boy the whole time and didn’t prank him while he was teaching.

When the section on how to remove contaminated gloves came, I wanted to just stick them in my mouth so bad. Right when he said “the goal is to remove the gloves without making contact with potential contaminants,” I just had this urge to eat the gloves and say something stupid like “I don’t feel so good.” But I didn’t. I limited my antics to laughing every time the two of us looked at each other.

2 Likes

I finally

FINALLY
GOT MY NASZ’URO!

5 Likes

(triumphant roar)

2 Likes

Today, at the gym, there was an old Finnish man searching for something. Although I don’t know him personally, he’s a regular at the place - the sort to greet everyone with a smile and offer people advice. What chatter I recall overhearing before, he’s a former competitive weightlifter.

He was missing his bag which he tends to keep with him, instead of in the locker. Me and one of his gym acquaintances soon helped look around, but found nothing. After repeated searching back and forth, forth and back, he was convinced someone must’ve stolen the bag while he moved between machines. It was painfully visible in the man’s eyes that his day had just been utterly, thoroughly, ruined. No wonder, given he had his phone, wallet, keys etc. in that bag.

Before I could propose one more thing, he had borrowed his acquaintance’s phone and called to the bank to cancel his credit cards. Wish I’d spoken sooner, but I thought he was about to do what I was going to suggest next.

Calling his phone.

Which I then suggested. The three of us spread around the gym to search again, due to the background music, and the huffs and puffs of other gym-goers.

The ringtone eventually led the old man to his beloved treasure; he’d forgotten his bag hanging on the side of one of the machines. The machine and the bag being similar color, it was easy to miss, especially if your eyes primarily scan the floor spots.

While he may have to wait for new credit cards now, it’s little compared to replacing everything he had in the bag. It wouldn’t have been the first time unattended items get stolen at the gym, from expensive shoes to mere hangers in the locker rooms.

It made my day that the greybeard’s day wasn’t ruined after all, and we could all leave with a relieved smile. Would’ve struggled to forget that distressed look in his eyes, and thus would’ve felt sorry for the guy every time I saw him at the gym again.

It’s not much what I did, really not, but sometimes not much can help someone else a lot.

7 Likes

That was really heartwarming! It was nice of you to help him and I’m glad it ended well.

5 Likes

My bath thermometer says 45°.

Happy solstice, AD.

5 Likes

Happy summer solstice indeed!

5 Likes

I got my medical papers in the mail today, all sorted and translated.
Crossing fingers I can just pop by the doctors office tomorrow and hand it over. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

4 Likes

Found out I’m staying where I am workwise, which… selfishly really, is fantastic. I love the year group and coming class is wonderful so I’ll take that win. Even if I do feel a bit guilty about it knowing what the poor sod taking the current mob has coming in september.

4 Likes

Yesterday I was bored and somehow ended up looking through the very first messages that me and my wife sent each other when we first started getting to know each other. I spent hours just reading through it all, remembering and getting sucked into the nostalgia.

It’s easy to get lost in the weeds 8 years on and 2 kids later and how we ended up here and got so caught in routine. I had forgotten how special that time was and how amazingly blessed I am to have her in my life.

I am happier and more fulfilled for taking that little trip.

13 Likes