The problem of dead servers

Hello

When will we have a new round of merging between servers?

The amount of “dead servers” keeps getting worse and it affects the game play to the point of people stop playing.
I know its not a simple task but nothing is being done about it, no word about the issue at all, we are left in the dark.

In my opinion, for people that play on those “dead servers” this is the biggest problem in the game now.
From all the problems in BfA that people keep talking about, this is on the top of it all.

Can we please at least get some oficial information about this issue?

Thanks

9 Likes

Blizzard think CRZs fix this and boy are they wrong.

13 Likes

With so many activities that can done with cross realm, this is only a problem for raiders on dead realms.

I don’t want my server to be merged with others to the point that WQ spots are over camped by too much people, no thanks.

3 Likes

And of course people who want to make gold or use the AH for the token or other things.

This is an MVP post by Trelw about merges with a bit of insight on the issue. Sadly other than it being mentioned at Blizzcon I’ve not seen any official news about the issue with servers feeling/being dead.

I play on Quel Thalas (which is considered a dead server) and I run into players all the time, so m maybe you need to switch servers or get a group together to move. Are you doing Legion content or BFA content? If doing BFA content you will run into people, if doing Legion, it maybe harder to find anyone. I recently leveled a DH through Legion and maybe ran through 2 or 3 people per zone if that. Once I got to BFA, everyone was in those zones.

1 Like

They need to merge ALL of the EU RP servers, because even Argent Dawn feels empty, often I’m the only one leveling in a zone, and I feel like “dude, where’s the war in my war mode?”

3 Likes

the game is dead not the servers. Lets see if 8.1 will bring people back.

Joking aside, they should DELETE all low-populated realms and merge the rest in order for the world to feel populated.

I am playing in Draenor and its pretty sad that i dont see any Alliance players to gank:(

4 Likes

Sharding can make busy servers seem more empty at times too.

1 Like

Sharding makes this non-issue.
And it is a problem for raiders, and should be sorted out. There many pointless servers out there, and when you can’t do mythic because of server restrictions, it sucks.

Sharding IS an issue…

1 Like

Sharding doesnt makes this a non issue, the problems remain.

. Cant recruit to raids, very few players around to recruit;
. The Auction House is stagnant in all aspects, slow or dead markets;
. You barelly see anyone while playing, being leveling or at max level.

I dont mean to make super bloathed servers, just that the dead servers shouldnt exist as they are.
And again, we have no information at all about this problem.

3 Likes

I maybe misspoke. I am FOR connecting realms. Not against. I don’t want dead realms.

Instead of wasting time working out ways to merge servers they should focus on the reasons for why players left … and get them back. Then everyone wins. Merging leads to a dark dreadful place. It creates a spiral of belief that each time it fails all you have to do is keep doing it again and again. Doesn’t work. You eventually lose any faith from players of a stable game. Just ask all those folk that recently lost their jobs at Trion.

Also, the last round of mergers at Tera meant I had to delete over half my characters. These were characters that had cost me money in purchasing items for them. I didn’t have a choice. In Archeage I lost all my farms, buildings and stocks of materials. Two accounts and they are gone… All that effort, energy etc. Same with SWToR… and Rift. So merging don’t work and do it here and I won’t hang around for the next one. Game over boys.

NORDRASSIL is essentially horde only.
Guess how many people i found, amongst the whole area, /who , guilds etc.

Thirty, 3 0.

If Cross realms were not a thing, seriously the game would have 100% died out.

1 Like

Clarveiga, when the connection of servers happened in WoW none of those problems you mentioned happened.
The only diference was that dead servers got some life back and some even some faction balance back.

I dont see how those things you mentioned apply to WoW or why would you unsub if dead servers got connected between them so that you get a healthy amount of players around.

I really dont see a downside of turning dead servers into medium populated ones.

2 Likes

In World of Warcraft you don’t lose anything with server merges.

3 Likes

I would have expected more server merges by now instead we have no merges since the last one, like as if they know its a failure and decided to not continue with it even tho its necessary.

3 Likes

Ok, the Q&A is over and sadly not a word about the problem that dead servers are for the players that have to endure them…

Why cant we atleast have a update about this problem?
I dont expect it to be fixed in 3 days but can we have some information regarding this issue?

Thanks.

You don’t even need server mergers. Give low pop servers free server transfers to medium pop servers, problem solved

3 Likes