The reason why People are quitting

We all had that first time where World Of Warcraft was an awesome game, the days when you barely knew how to press your buttons or how to explore the huge zone and content that was created.
But once you had learned everything, The experience becomes different in other words it gets boring.
Some people turn into competitive performance, some people go social, some people create their own gaming zone and some just quit.

But that is not the only element that makes people quit, in fact the Core reason is the content that comes afterward. the feeling of differ and discomfort which was implemented to the existing events.
They do reset the knowledge of a player, as they get to discover what is new but once it is done wrong, things escalate faster than you can imagine.

People doesn’t like to farm, it is a known thing most of us had experienced and struggled with.
Complained about it in the past expansions because it felt like a “home work” instead of a game for fun. It turned into stress and anxiety of failing in something and ruining it all.
The feeling of 1 day behind in the grind resulting into a Catastrophy ( competitive players will understand this ).
You call it addiction, i call it being forced. You’re not coming online to finish that daily quest because you love doing the quest, you’re doing it because you want to be at the top, you are afraid of being left behind or at least that’s what i think it is.

MMORPG games are usually made around progressing your own account / character and making it stronger and stronger, in W.o.W it is different.
In wow you are being chained by everything around you. the character you’re playing, the spec you’re playing, the people you’re playing with and your own character progression.
so you are never alone in this, it was never your decision or your Selfwork.
Exemple:

• Today you are one of the highest dps classes in the game, tomorrow you’re nerfed to an unplayable level ( decision made by blizzard devs ).

• You want to raid or dungeons, you need people with you else you won’t do anything, if you don’t have a guild or friends to help you then you’re legit done with.

Since other players are a main aspect of the game, in order to play with them you must satisfy them first. by having Acheivements, Character Progression (ilvl), Experience, Attitude…
People will always go for the easy and fast way around. ALWAYS ! they will pick the best choices they can have which we call “Meta” and drop off almost anything else. This is how raider .io and raid progress were created to differe between those at the top and whoever else.
And the “Meta” is one of the reasons why some classes/specs are barely being invited in m+ keys.

All the above leads to a point where a player decides to play a different class / spec and this is where the hard truth hits.
All that time you had spent on your first character to improve it, all the weeks you spent farming and finishing dailys will start from scratch.
And if you don’t have friends or a guild (AGAIN) you are doomed.
So you are behind no matter what you do. since blizzard made it that way ( torhast / soul cinders).
What could be the solution to this? make the new content more time gated. :ok_hand: :+1:

Then we find the “WTS” Section, you find it in every single LFG page, you find it in trade chats, even in Blizzard shop.
People simply can not put up to this so they end up buying boosts and blizzard wouldn’t Worry about it, they’re getting the free dollars and euros out of it.
EURO > WoW Token > Gold > boost and the cycle continues…

All this was a general image of issues players faced multiple times.

Let’s talk about SHADOWLANDS :

• What must be done on your characters:
  1. You have renown ( passive benefit power /stamina):
    It is weekly gaten on main character, and farmable on alt.
  2. You have covenants :
    Different choices for each class and requires a FULL RENOWN FARM after changing from a covenant to a new one.
  3. You have soulbinds:
    different for each covenant and requires constant changing between specs and gameplay.
    If you play all spec in raid, m+ and pvp you’ll hate this ALOT.
  4. You have conduits ( main source of your damage ):
    Requires farming, reputation and a HUGE RNG to get on main / on alt… forget about it
  5. You have soul ash / soul cinder ( to craft legendaries ):
    Soul ash can be farmed, soul cinder weekly gaten on main + NOT CURRENCY GATED ( if you miss a week you’re done).
    On alts. . . gl playing with tier 4 legendarys.
    If you’re one of the classes/specs who can’t solo torghast, you’ll need people to help you with it :rofl: and if you can wait 2 to 3 months for blizzard to do something about in order to properly play your alt at that particular Season, then i’m rooting for you.

On top of that you have to farm gear from raids and dungeons with the amazing RNG you’ll surely finish in no time :grinning:

• My Main weekly / daily wow routine :
    • Troghast x2 (soul cinder)
    • Weekly assault x2
    • Daily quests of korthia (to unlock the top ilvl conduits)
    • 10/10 Normal / 10/10HC 10/10M (depending on what you’re missing or in need)
    • 10 mythic +15 at least (for the vault chest in case the raid loot is horrible)
    • PVP to 2.1 rating MINIMUM ( if your bis trinket is still from pvp :roll_eyes: OPTIONAL)
    • More M+ dungeons because YOU STILL NEED GEAR.
  • My alt weekly / daily wow routine:
    • Troghast x2 (soul cinder) (still crying i’m behind)
    • Weekly assault x2
    • Daily quests of korthia (to unlock the top ilvl conduits)
    • 10/10 Normal / 10/10HC 10/10M (depending on what you’re missing or in need)
    • 10 mythic +15 at least (for the vault chest in case the raid loot is horrible)
    • More M+ dungeons because YOU STILL NEED GEAR.

Awesome right? imagine doing that on 5 to 8 other characters without help.
and yet here i am doing it all because if i don’t ill go back to the bottom of the ocean.

Days after days of doing this, getting burned out untill it came up to me…
Why am i doing all this ? i’m not having fun anymore so why am i bothered ? :rofl:
And that is the realization phase which leads to players unsubbing and quitting W.o.W

Adding to the fake promises blizzard gave to the community, things simply gone in a very bad way :

• Customer support went horribly wrong from legion to Shadowlands (those of you who lasted this long would understand this) the ticket is 11 days of queue.
  • Alt friendly content (where is it ?)
  • Dry content with a long release dates
  • NURFS AND BUFFS IN A NUTTSHELL.
  • Class tunings in the ZOO.
  • PVP never seen before ( yea i still can hit someone with 80% of his hp on full defensives)

I invited 2 of my best friends to the game ( people who played PRIVATE wow in the past ) hoping to start a new session with them, bought shadowlands epic edition for them as a welcoming gift…
They spent 2 hours overall game time played and they quit …
They told me, they were forced to do quests at the start ( SL introduction quests + world tour ), they did not like the covenant powrs nor the idea of it and they had to farm way too much !
Torghast, renown, gear, covenant, soulbinds, conduits, reputation, FOR A NEWCOMMER !
and all they wanted to do is raid with me, pvp with me and do some dungeons with me. but they were not even near anything.
They couldn’t even queue for a dungeon because of the SL starter quest ! and they don’t have main that finished it so THEY COULDN’T CHOOSE THE THREADS FATE OPTION !
this disappointed me a lot and opened my mind about all this.
All the farming, refarming, gearing, regearing, progressing, reprogressing. every expansion, every season, every event…

Should i Recommend World Of Warcraft to My friends ?

Absolutely not, and i learned it the hard way.

My Subscription is ending in 3 days and i’ve never been this happy in my life.

Thank you for Reading and THIS IS THE REASON WHY PEOPLE ARE QUITTING World Of Warcraft.

52 Likes

Imagine reading this.

Better add a TLDR to this, I didn’t read this much since college.

17 Likes

This is longer than my Night elf lifespan.

7 Likes

It is regardless of how small the difference is there will always be a “meta”. You cant prevent that. Unless every class has the exact same kit (which means: There are no different classes anymore. Just 1.)

Every class is currently playable at M+.

Your alt doesnt need to be as geared as your main contrary to seemingly popular believe nowadays.

People brought this onto themselves.

For years and years, one of the most common complains from the player base was “there is nothing to do”.
So there you have it, grinds on top of grinds, tempered with rng on top of rng and for good measure timegating does the rest.

For Blizzard its great, low effort in development for the time the players need to run around doing all these things.
Its a trend that has increased in the last years.

In Legion i could play 1 main and 10 alts.
In BfA, i could only do that in the last major patch but it required more time.
So far in Shadowlands, i play 1 main and 3 alts and i really cant see how can i play a 4th alt.

I just mentioned the last 3 expansions as examples.
I play the same amount of hours per week in the expansions mentioned.

6 Likes

i didnt quit,also stop asking for cross faction play,the day i have to play with horde by my side yes, thats when im gonna quit.

7 Likes

I found it quite easy to read, there is no gibberish and it goes straight to the points, but it’s the things I mostly know already.

8 Likes

That will come sooner than you would like it to. Given Alliance is pretty much dead and beyond repair.

5 Likes

LOL so true

I’m quitting because Diablo II Resurrected comes out.

Then I’ll probably quit that once WoW patch 9.2 comes out.

And then I’ll quit that once Diablo Immortal comes out.

And then…

You get the point.

I think it’s pretty difficult to say something definitive about why people quit. It’s very individual and whilst it’s tempting to generalize, then it’s ultimately more guesswork than knowledge to draw any conclusions on the subject.

1 Like

Do not speak of forbidden stuff.

Every single time I see something about that I am reporting it with the worst possible option I can choose on the platform.

1 Like

Sorry but not sorry, I have taken breaks from WoW many times, I know people will say they’re DONE never touching the game again, I have already had 5 friends who moved to ffxiv but already seen 3 of them Online on wow the other day again, people come and people go, some returns and some don’t, currently with what is happening with Blizzard yeah not helping, I haven’t played 9.1 well…I did the intro and got my flying, but you can judge on how long I’ve played it. Got Flying, been offline ever since, not sure what I will do yet but content wise not happy, well just not really happy about Shadowlands tbh

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve played since 2006 and all these systems made me quit Retail already during the early-mid stages of BfA. I can only assume that SL is somehow worse in this aspect?

Either way, what a fall from grace.

1 Like

I think you might be right for many people, but it was not quite what made me quit and not buy SL Let me explain: I stopped somewhere in BfA where the lying Tortollian Quartermaster told me that I could buy his recipes under 3 conditions:

• Level 100 (110 was the max - and I was level 103)
  • Tortollian cooking/leatherworking/alchemy … 1 (my skill levels were all adequate)
  • Honoured/Revered with the Tortollian seekers! (nope, only Neutral)

But there was NO WAY you could get more rep. than almost Friendly with the Tortollians before level 110, when you opened the World Quests.
This was the last straw in a game where so much was level gated and that had for so long irritated me.

• Where Quest Helper forced on me was almost too much.
  • Where dumbing down and watering out of professions were rampant.
  • Where Quest sescriptions were not meant to be read and understood (Learn from the best was a prime example of this https://www.wowhead.com/quest=51313/learn-from-the-best)
  • Where fun was only to be had at max level. And only the way Blizz wanted it. Linear, hand-holding race to the max way of playing.

I did not quit. But I played only Ironman Challenge after this. Now I play Classic exclusively, and bought a new account for this.

Edited to add: I also miss Blizz to add Profession achievements. For instance: Why the [beep] is Ironpaw Chef still the best possible “collect cooking recipes” Achievement?

3 Likes

Cmon OP i know you’ve made some threads in the past that wasn’t like 24+ text paragraphs. You can do better than that!

My work is to read bad students’ essays, so I stopped right when the text became too dumb, because I don’t work on vacation.
I stopped when he said one of WoW’s problems is that it is multiplayer. Lmao.

1 Like

These posts are getting longer and longer because it is starting to affect more and more passionate players. People who have stuck with WoW through good times and bad. Some how this is slipping past every one ta Blizzard. Instead listening to these players and making the game fun, they remove emotes like /spit and NPCs who none of they players interact with or even care about. Removing or rather renaming inappropriate NPCs is necessary but not vital. Removing “offensive” emotes like /spit is rather pointless as you can always just go:

/me insert inappropriate action or actions here

Your game needs work. People are leaving because it sucks and that is why toxicity is on the rise. Initially it was the “This sucks I quit” posts from the “I play it but don’t really care about it” players but now you are getting to the “5+ years” players. Players who have invested time and money into the game and secretly somewhere still hopes someone somewhere at Blizzard will hear they pleas, read their reasons and try and do something to save the game they love. That’s why the posts are getting longer and longer.

But alas in true Blizzard form they are just laughing and making fun of the players as they walk out the door.

16 Likes

thank you :heart:

So one of the main points of the whole paragraph?
That you need to speak with peps? Join guilds and the likes. Team up to overcome challenges? In an MMO game?
:open_mouth:

Whats next? That you need to swim in a swimming competition? even bigger gasp

Hate to say it but ehm… Skyrim is that way. :point_right: