The reek of irony

Nefarian devoted his life (and unlife) to continuing his father’s work into creating a new flight with all the powers of the combined 5 fights. Little did he know Deathwing (or Neltharion at the time anyway) had already finished it long before Neffy even came along, the ‘chromatic flight’ of course being the Dracthyr as we now know.

I hope this unravels more as the expansion plays out, delving into how Deathy created them and the processes he went through to get there.

I wouldn’t entirely be against seeing Nef return again either, just to see his reaction. Bet he’d kick himself.

I’m surprised we didn’t see any laboratories or anything of the like in the starting zone, any kind of tangible evidence of Dracthyr origins… like the labs and experiments we see in BWL/BWD…

don’t think he can we erased his remains when we created our cloak in bfa both him and his sister is perma dead now

It’s too clean. Did you see the horrors Nefarian created? You telling me his papa succeeded 20k years earlier in such a clean manner? Nah, it’s a writing convenience. Probably get lampshaded somewhere when we meet Neltharion’s ghost like:

“Ah yes… my ambitious son. I hear he took years trying to re-create my work and still could not manage it. Thankfully, I lacked his penchant for failure.”

And voila, origins explained.

I think that would be hilarious. And most likely the way it would go too.

I really hope we see some form of Deathy again. I know a lot of people in here will hate that, but in my view he was the only genuinely intimidating/scary WoW baddie we had, and I do love a good nasty dragon villain.

Are you saying you’re not interested, in what’s his face the hungry?

Regarding Deathwing himself there are likely to be referrences, recordings, memories or whatever, but i think that his return would undermine the narrative they’ve got going. Heck they’re already killing the green dragonflight’s progression by dragging Ysera out of the afterlife.

Who the what now? Hungry?

You’ve got me wondering who you’re talking about, Galakrond?

Actually I’d take Galakrond instead to be fair.

And yeah I see what you mean regarding Ysondre. So much for her daughter stepping up. What was the point of that…

Iridikron, the Stonescaled, the eldest of the primal incarnates.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.