The Researchers under Fire achievements need a tuning pass

One of the worst achivms blizz managed to make in awhile…

3 Likes

I agree with Paluman, the achs needs a number nerf

Quite unfortunate that there was a tuning pass on the timer, but not the achievements.
It really needs to be looked at.

Yes, that event needs to be fixed a bit.
but the damage they do should also be fixed a bit.

Sundered flame weave hit you 340,624 arcane and then stunned at the same time, which isn’t fun when you’re still bombarded by mobs without being able to do anything
And that always means death for my poor hunter every single time

some of those mobs does insane damage

A Djaradin Puzzle - usually 4-6 per run
A Pillar of the Research Community - usually 4-8 per run

You need only 6 min in hour to do some actions to complete it within ~15-20 events. I did both achieves in 2 days with ~3h of real time. But I agree 50 is better than 100. And it would be good if Blizzard nerf “A Research Sampler” to 50 as well. Even 50 more than enough to hate this event much more than it deserves :3

Or at least count it within 5ppl group. Good solution as well.

Yea it was an easy achiv but most peps just want stuff for free, get it and be done instant.

I’m late to the patch but 3 of the achievements are completely moronic.

If you do the event alone, you have some chance of progressing the achievement although it might take forever, but if you are in a raid, you’ll probably earn between 1-3 out of a 100 criteria per event at most.

Do wow designers even play their own game?

I hope Blizzard will fix it soon. Before 10.1.5

I’m glad I saw a topic up already about these achievements. The 3 achievements mentioned aren’t really in line with the others and promote toxic behavior.

• You need a large group to advance to 12/12, but since you are doing this the 10th time this week to advance on the achievement, a lot of people leave after the last stage they need. Timers can be missed because of this.
  • This content will be outdated really fast and these achievements aren’t soloable due to the large amount of tasks required.

So please, either up the amount of parts needed and make the progress shared between the raid, or lower them drastically to prevent a forced grind on people.

1 Like

I want to lend my voice to this. These achievements are such a horrible tedious grind. I hope the requirements are changed somewhat. I don’t mind a grindy achievement, but these feel somewhat punishing and not fun at all.

It’s not even a grind when u can complete whole meta in x2 weeks.

Blizzard please, for the love of Almighty God, please fix these achies. I mean, who came up with this bs? FIX IT!

I have a good news for you and for everyone that is farming this
i was on PTR
and titan is nerfed to 50/50 on both achievements
and djaradin is now 25 for both achievements
I recommend to you
Just stop doing it because you will waste time
in like 3 weeks you gonna get that achiement

1 Like

50 sniffen sounds to much also, is that nerfed on ptr?

It’s not fun anymore,u play alot to get all achivs and when u get it they make it easier?

1 Like

Oh the horror they make some awful achievements much more possible to achieve for people :scream:
You decided to go through the grind and good for you, I personally didn’t cause it’s so badly made. Glad they finally make it as it should be.

1 Like

Absolutely could not agree more, and while I see in a post above mine they have reduced the numbers, that still almost doesn’t seem enough of a nerf…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.