The Researchers under Fire achievements need a tuning pass

So I can’t be the only one that is really frustrated by some of the Researchers Under Fire achievements. I am specifically talking about these 3:
A Research Sampler (Titan Lockdown)
A Pillar of the Research Community (Zaqali Assault)
A Djaradin Puzzle (Zaqali Assault)

Not only are they tedious to get, but they are also very contradicting in the way they are obtained. You want a large group to be able to get to the stages where you can actually make progress on the achievements. However, once you reach those stages you can barely make any progress on them, because there are too many people to click any of the items.

To sum it up:

1. Each event rotates weekly, which means you can only progress the achievements every other week, depending on which ones you need.

2. The event is hourly, which means you have to be there at certain times. This becomes very tedious and obnoxious if you need 100 of something and you get 0-1 per run.

3. You need a big group to reach certain stages before the timer expires, but you’d want as few people around to actually make progress on them. This is really contradicting. You shouldn’t be antagonized towards other players because of an achievement, especially because this is supposed to be a community event that should mean that more people should add joy to doing the event.

4. The way the achievements work is quite inconsistent.
    4a. For the achievement The Small Disruptions, the progress is shared in groups/raids, while the other ones aren’t.
    4b. Rockin Research is quite a lot easier to get, as you get a guaranteed ~14 per event if you tag all the boulders. So you get it in around 7-8 runs.

All in all, the first 3 achievements I mentioned are just overtuned, tedious and basically almost impossible to get with reasonable effort. It feels like a random number was slapped on them, without any thinking on how it would work out in practice.

I would suggest either significantly reducing the number required, or make them share progress in raid groups like The Small Disruptions.
Another option would be to remove the timer aspect from the event entirely, so you can reach the required stages with fewer people, which means you can more steadily work toward the achievement.

To sum it all up: It feels terrible to want to be in a large group to reach certain stages of the event and then feel frustrated at other players when the required stages to progress the achievements are reached.

34 Likes

Agreed, i made the effort and got the ores… However, with the zaqali runs, you can harldy see any shards. before you know it it’s done. I manage 1 a run, I cannot do this 100 times for an achievement :frowning: sucks big time… make the shards more abundant/visible or reduce the amount required please…

4 Likes

Yea i completly agree. You need to have a raid group to even get to the achievment stages on 95% of all realms however once you do get to those stages you have to many people for your own good. I was even in a raidgroup a coupple of days ago where the raidleader simply started to kick out all people in the group when we reached the ore stage. Also put this in general to so more people see i dont think i have ever visited this section of the forum before

3 Likes

Yes, it needs to be lowered.

5 Likes

i rarely reply to posts but this needs an reply. The A Pillar of the Research Community achievement sure does need a nerf, getting 100 is impossible. Blizzard needs to change something here change it to 25 and everyone would be happy.

6 Likes

Needs a much needed nerf! In 4 events I didn’t catch a single stone for " A Djaradin Puzzle". You need a big group to get to that stage but with large group this achie will be nearly to imposible…it’s a REAL contradiction!

3 Likes

I have done this alot today, the first run i did in a full raid and never will i do that again got a combined 1 item out of 2 achievments. I then tried just going normally without a group and got plenty more atleast for the “A Pillar of the Research Community” since its the first one and there doesnt need to be so many people doing it to reach that stage, the later one tho djaradins research achiev that requires 50 often has its timer running out with less then 10 people around. And this is on a supposedly full realms silvermoon with so many shards sometimes you are in a full one sometimes an empty one wich is why i have my second account go there and try to enter the zone on a different shard so i can choose and then inviting my achievment character there. I think its long overdue they implement a systen like SWTOR has that lets you switch shards

1 Like

+1 - simply not “fun”

1 Like

Agreed. Either has to be lowered, or make the stones not disappear if someone clicks it. Or make it so if someone restore a pillar etc, you also get credit

1 Like

They could indeed use some changes, right now they are very frustrating to get.

100% agreed. The requirements must be lowered or shared between participants.

Another thing to note is the inconsistency with actually carrying the items for the three achievements. Carrying ore samples for A Research Sampler is easy enough and works with almost any movement ability. Heroic Leap during A Pillar of the Research Community, however, and you drop your Djaradin Pillar Shard.

1 Like

Agreed the ‘a Djardin Puzzle’ achievement is so restrictive to do as it requires a group to get to that stage but then being in a group there is less chance to do the achievement.

Should 100% be based on the group members progress.

1 Like

Upvoting this it is annoying to do it and then run out of time for example :smiley:
I have 3/50 stones in altar
6/100pillars
Why would anyone put event like this into the game?
make it so when you are in raid group everyone who turns in the item count towards your achievement also.

1 Like

I did this meta in 2 weeks, it’s fine how it is.

If they buff it then this event will be dead u will never get a full raid group anymore.

Just leave group when u picked ur stuff u mostly zone into a more dead shard or just join another group in custom with less people in, play smart u can easily get about atleast 5+ each event.

Im not going to argue that it is doable. It is. But the way it is designed is flawed and contradictory to the spirit of the event.
The numbers related to the event plays out in practise is obviously an oversight. The number were slapped on without any thought about how it would play out in practise. Waiting for an event to show up every other week, then every other hour. And just waiting for rocks to spawn and get 0-1 every event out off 100 is insane. Talking about realm hopping just to get 5 instead of 1 doesn’t make it any better, it just shows even more how this must be one of the worst designed achievements of all time.

Agreed, this is impossible to complete fully as it currently is tuned

Hello,

Same problem for the three achivements listed above.

Moreover, this morning, I joined a raid group for the researchers under fire but the leader kicks everbody a the step A Research Sampler. Certainly, this player has progressed for his achievement but this solution (read : trick) is surely off-charter.

Solutions :

• divided by 5 or 10 the requirements for the three achievements,
  • progression shared to the group (same than small disturbers).

Have a nice day.

Yes, please, the design of the achievements is just bad.

x2 week achivements is fine really, they can change karokta drop rate instead :smiley:

So over the bank holiday weekend i spent and good chunk of time on this weeks event.
Total attempts 19
Successful events where the even got to the stages required 15
Total ore 16

This will be a long achievement run. Its frustrating because theres so much do to in game right now and you have to put it on hold for this