The Silver Covenant are really dumb

I actualy aggree whit Elisande, she was missquided, and even realiced it, but still died, she could have lived to be honest, Kael not sure about, though i do think his hole story was butchered in SL to some extent atleast, or already in burning crusade witht the fel crystal sticking out of his chest.

1 Like

Kael’s story in TBC i’d still say after all we’ve seen is still the most massacred, in the shortest amount of time. Elisande played her role and did it well.

Tbh the biggest shotgun outback moment for the Silver Covenant was the introduction of Void Elves, because they’re exactly the same thing, but “better”. (I personally prefer the SC, because they’re an NPC faction, which leaves them open to plot developments and don’t have unnecessary retcons about failing to become Shadow Priests)

Vereesa herself was one of the massive missed opportunities in Shadowlands, because outside Tyrande/Shandris she had the best motive to actually go there and do something and would’ve been the most useful, as she already was familiar with the major realms and what’s up with the whole Zovaal/Sylvanas plot.

2 Likes

That’s true, but the one thing that Void Elves don’t truly carry as much as the Silver Covenant is/was their hatred towards the Blood Elves.

That hatred towards them paved way for the Purge of Dalaran and those quests as a stand-alone truly created what a red vs blue should be like. (Even better that it was the blue side who were the true aggressors.)

Void Elves can and do fill that replacement now, but due to the first of the Ren’dorei being former Sin’dorei - the whole thing feels a little less complex.
The Silver Covenant vs Sin’dorei had a decent story behind it. It did feel like their were two opposite sides within Thalassian culture.

So much was missed with Shadowlands because the focus was the Sylvanas/Zovaal/Anduin stuff, with Tyrande Whisperwind being the main side plot.

I mean, not only Vereesa, but Calia/Arthas as well. I might be an elf fan, but I truly wanted to see something between the spirit of Arthas and Calia Menethil.
Not only that - I wanted their to be questlines with characters like Kael’thas, Vashj etc - where they could temporarily return to Azeroth and we go through significant questlines with them.

Kael’thas would have been Quel’Thalas.
Vashj would have been Naz’jatar and Vashj’ir.

Shadowlands could have been an greater version of WoTLK, but it wasn’t. Legion WAS what TBC could have been.

1 Like

Not really, while it’s true that the main narrative thread revolved around them loosely it was so much of an afterthought it felt tacked onto the whole Bastion, Revendreth, Ardenweald and Maldraxxus thing, where unless a player was willing to painstakingly grind 4 different characters simultaneously they were bound to only get one quarter of the story.

The legacy characters we got to interact with to me felt like shallow member berries and the living characters they included did bugger all.(This includes Sylvanas)

Suppose so - I just wanted the expansion to keep it’s ties to Azeroth, so by all means - use those 4, but don’t leave the others gathering dust. (And certainly don’t treat Arthas the way they did.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.