The Tanking Experience

i love you :D! <3 <3

1 Like

Trust me, Classic dungeons (Cataclysm Chromie timeline) are waaaay easier than others for tanks. The boss and trash mob mechanics are trivial in those places compates to BfA dungeons.

Trying to learn to tank in BfA is masochistic. Give it a try in Classic, it should be much more enjoyable and productive.

2 Likes

very true; i faced the same problem. I have 2 tanks DK and guardian, and i finally decided to tank through only 1 SL dungeon i know very well for +12 / +14 keys. I learned mechanics as dps and then i started to tank it. It solved this problem, allowing to gear up easily with vaults
 When i overgear the content i also tank smaller keys in othr dungeons to farm some specific gear

Are you roleplaying Alex Afrasiabi and trying to get banned, or are you really this toxic and sexist during these times?

Be glad Blizzard fired all moderators, because otherwise you wouldn’t be here anymore.

1 Like

He was always been toxic like that, sexist I never seen that before from him.

u got ism or ?

Wow is pretty old as a game you have to understand some ppl tank for ages and others have expectations of you , harsh truth .

The only thing u can do is specify that you are a beginner when it comes to tanking , hopes this helps with your journey .

1 Like

just say u are a noob and u try learn. agree, if ppl then rage its 100% just ignore it.

yeaa
 tanking is a butch when doing it with randoms, there are always trigger happy dps who will want to measure their e-peen meter and healers who see that tank can do it without healing and then go dps also and then you wipe and lo and behold, its tanks fault when they cant hold agro on 100 mobs when dps is hitting everything else than what the tank hits, also cause you as tank did not heal enough its also your fault.
So yea. tanking with randoms is horrible, but get a group of people you know and can slap some lips with, it will be fun and rewarding experience

I tried choosing a different timelinie but almost nobody plays those.
I wont comment on the gender bashing. If some troglodyte have a problem with me let them.
Im too old and played too long for me not to enjoy my game. If you think that makes me weak that’s your problem. I want to enjoy my game and tanking is currently not an option for that.
I got plenty of other ways to enjoy the game so no loss on me but I do think it’s sad it’s so hard on new tanks. I can’t imagine many choosing tanking first hand which at the end is just a loss for the game.
I know Blizzard focus on end game but imo there should be an option to play the game and learn instead of rush. Option NOT forced.
I play other mmorpgs and also tanks there. Wow is just more 
rough and expect too much from the start imo
If you disagree I respect your opinion, this is just my experience

The thing is as a tank you are superior on the food chain and queue to anyone and so you never alienate yourself tanking pug dungeons or for random players let alone playing with them

You only tank in raid or dungeon for your guild and as main tank and you get sure everyone gets the word and you get tanking upgrade served first or else you tank nothing else.

Any healers, any dps that run his mouth is expendable and you remplace them. You make yourself pay for everything, someone want a small dungeon boost they must drop the gold and before hand or go do it themself !

You should see how peopel are polite and quiet when I heal or tank in any game, they learn quickly !

As I said Im not social. Got a two person guild with my husband.
I do lfg and lfr. Max heroic but that’s the end of my involvement with other ppl.
It’s how i enjoy the game. I been able to enjoy it as dp and healer and I prob just going to stick with that.
Had hoped tanking could be fun though

1 Like

I don’t think so. A woman wanting to not being belittled for being forthright or being allowed to do more forthright stuff doesn’t mean she wants a stick.
It means the guys who are uncomfortable about this woman are getting worried that theirs no longer means the be all and end all and that rattles them.

Short of women marching ahead for GRS this is merely stereotyping that “women behaving in X way means they wish to be a man” which can easily be flipped to “any men who aren’t out there playing extreme sports or combat exercises and instead opt to play online social games are behaving like women” which is of course absurd. But it’s a plausible take if one views women being abrasive and confident as them “playing at being men”.

This is why bro culture is such a thing in nerd circles. Because for the longest time gaming wasn’t seen as a masculine hobby. It was something that the weedy boys did, etc etc. The anti has been upped in an attempt to redefine it as such by conflating it with brosisms you find commonly in sporting cohorts etc. The fact remains if we view things under a traditional lens, it is not a traditionally masculine hobby. It involves next to no physical pursuits, it involves a fair amount of social skills and communication and it involves no real risk or element of real conflict due to being able to hide behind avatars. All things no traditionally associated with being masculine. Food for thought.

Wow don’t expect too much from the start, the problem is that you have people leveling their 10000000 alt and they will get mad if stuff goes wrong.

Just stay chill and ignore them, you will eventually get a “thick skin” and ignore all of them.

They are, but in lower levels.

HP tends to spike a lot.
I don’t like healing DKs and Monks.

That’s correct.

Unfortunately for me the way I start Tanking was: play a DPS first, followed by a healer, than the Tank.
You play better as Tank if you already did the dungeon several times on other characters and understand how a DPS and Healer mind work.
In example DPS tend to go wild on other targets you are not attacking, you need to switch target and taunt.
Healer might be new and struggling, go slower. On the other hand he might be veteran and ask you to start pulling more.
I generally don’t if I notice DPS is lacking.

During TW week last year, I had 10 characters to run.
10 characters*5 runs for chest reward = 50 runs total.

I would prioritize the DPS first, followed by the healers and ending with the Tanks.
By the time it was time to play as a Tank, I already had learned the routes from other Tanks.

I also preferred to heal instead of tanking, whenever I could. Like my BE Paladin and BE Monk.
That wasn’t the case for my Orc Warrior, BE Warrior or BE DH. They all had to Tank, especially because by the time it was their turn, the TW week was near the end.

It’s sad.
Unfortunately Tanks tend to have instant queues, while DPS normally has to wait 5 to 15 minutes, depending on how many players are playing.

Agree.
My last 5 characters were all specced for DPS.
I played as a Tank on my BE Warrior for a while, while she kept getting Atal’Dazar.
When she started getting other instances, I gave up.
My BE paladin, Tauren DK never tanked till level 50.

Unfortunately Tank role has been always a role for more experienced players, since Vanilla.
While you might get instant queues in Mithic +, in Raids only 2 Tanks can play, out of 25 players, which leaves people without a Raid spot.

Cheers.

1 Like

If you like to tank >>> tank.
If you don’t like to tank >>> don’t tank.

If you want to learn tanking >>> learn tanking.
If you don’t want to learn tanking >>> don’t learn tanking.

Seems pretty simple.

1 Like

Me as a heal/tank main
I will tell you that for these role you need to be ALPHA male
you need to have these traits
when someone is trying to tell you something you will go at him like me for example once in necrotic wake
i used spear just because i wanted to kill trash faster on fortified
and DH from draenor was like
tank you are retard bro
and i was like S t F U and follow me you sheep xD

he was always honest like that, sexy 100%. there corrected for you.

I will never be an alpha male due to that Im female :stuck_out_tongue:
I would love to learn how to tank if it was a good and fun learning curve, but it just isnt.
Ohh well i wrote my experiences. If ppl can use it good, if not also good. Their choice
I just wish there was a better way for wow but there prob wont be so I stick to tanking in Everquest 1/2 and FF14 :smiley: