The thing I dread

I dread Updates. I get all settled to start playing and then my heart drops as it starts to update. It just takes forever. The process of initializing just spins round and round and round and round and round and round and round… Its still doing it right now. I simply go watch YouTube. If I could sense that the process was actually doing something along a progress bar that worked would help.

And so on and on and on it goes… initializing 873.64 kB/350.09 and yet after five minutes nothing but nothing has changed. … hang on its now initialising 1.36/350.09MB and so it goes.

I’ll go do something else I guess. And this seems to happen such a lot of times.

Nuff said … Just ignore my frustration.

1 Like

it has been happening lately to alot of people .probably they are not manging their server bandwidth limit that good lately .
in my case i just wait one or two hours and sometimes it comes back to its old self and download it at normal speed .

I’ve had this struggle too for many years. There are times it works normal and times it takes forever.
What i’ve done is to restart the launcher and run it as admin, sometimes it gives the initializing a boost for a moment. Sometimes nothing helps.
Its very frustrating indeed and on my end its only battlenet launcher that behaves like this. Anything else i download works smoothly.

I currently have three issues with the launcher. These occur only on the Blizzard interface and no other game interface that I use.

01: The Battlenet login screen does not fire up the games interface. This happened following the recent update to the login screen. At first I just sat for ages having logged in and then decided to click the icon again and this time the game interface appeared. So now when I log in I have to additionally click the Battlenet launch icon to get the game interface.

What is puzzling is why the login screen needs to tell you it has to update anyway. All my other log in and games interfaces do the updates automatically before it presents any login screen.

02: The dreaded update process as discussed. It would be nice to be given some notice of updates or some schedule of likely dates. We are told when weekly maintenance is so maybe a little window with some kind of timeline for updates.

Useful would be a descriptive of just what is going on during the initialisation process. The current process just looks as though the process has stalled and there is no indication of time of process.

03: My game refuses to launch for over five minutes. About one in six times I launch the game the login window goes awol and the hard drive activity goes off the chart. I have watched the hard drive activity from system resources and I know when this happens the game is not going to launch until the hard drive activity lowers from the 100 percent usage. This only happens with Warcraft and happens about one in six times I log in.

So when I say I dread … I mean I am sat down ready to play and looking forward to the game and can suffer problems with the Battlenet app and login screen, problems with the initialisation process and then more issues with the launch of the game. Sometimes it can take 15 to 20 minutes to get into the game. And with limited time that is what I dread.

Found that turning off the “Use browser hardware acceleration” in the App Settings got rid of the black screen.