The trade chat spam problem

Hello! With this topic i want to address a thing that is really bothering me. The trade chat spam. Right now the trade chat cannot be used at all. On every high pop or full pop realm the spam is so bad that looking for a guild / trading or even casual chatting is impossible. Also, i know there are addons to stop spam. But if only a small percentage of the player base is using the addon, that addon is useless. It doesn’t help me if i write something, my something is visible for me but lost in spam for anyone without the addon.

Let’s not hide, people are selling and will sell carries until the servers are shut down. Why not create a system where players can list their offer and the interested players sign up or contact the seller? Something with an interface similar to group finder but with more permanent announces and some good filters. (and chat moderation)

Also, i know that blue posters never bat an eye to EU forums. Consider my wall of text a monologue.

Hello there !

I was about to post the same thing !

I can’t wait for Shadowlands, and nom mainly because the spam will probably stop…

BLiz² ACT !

I wonder if they will actually act. Low pop servers are ok but high pop are terrible when you play where trade chat is active. I know, we can leave trade chat. But that is the only thing that keeps us connected to the player base of the server. And the player base is already driver towards an antisocial behaviour. This thing is making things worst. Blizz!!! wake up.

I Agree…It´s a stupid problem realy. But I used “Badboy”-addon. Sort some crap out. But since about 4months I just disabled the Trade and General. And if your looking for guild just use the forums/realm>Forum tosee what guilds is looking for new members.

BUT !..Yea…Blizz needs to do something…

Could this be the start of something?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.