The True Problem with Transmogging these days - Need more Transmog items for themes!

Hello guys!

So… my name is Abomination, or also called as drinn. I love to do Transmogs with different themes in this game. Transmogs that might fit certain themes and also same time colour-wise.

I have been doing Transmogs now actively as for passion for 2 years. Been watching Asmongold’s stream almost every Transmog comp since then, tried to get in comps 10x times even (but never got in because they are pretty popular), won also 3x times other streamer Transmog comps and been in semi-final so many times. Even most of my Reddit posts get pretty high numbers usually on dedicated Reddit channels for example from 300 to 900 upvotes. There just something of me.

But… lately I got bored into Transmogging and its due to seeing same transmogs all over again in competitions. It’s really rare to find a perfect unique theme / based transmog that is also creative in its own way not just color-matching the mog. Color-matching mogs are kinda boring and souless. I believe that this is due to lack of based transmog items in-game, which ends to players just using the color-matching transmogs.

So here are the TOP 3 main problems:

1) Transmog Competitions end into just color-matching - You know "Purple always wins!"

Due to lack of transmog items, the transmogs end to just making color-matching mogs with pairing a good mount that is also matching the colours. Is this creative, or unique? No, because everyone are doing it. This is, because the game does not have enough based transmog items, so that we could create even more unique mogs. This lack ends to just making those souless color-matching transmogs.

The themes are either Purple, or Fel, or Firelord and so on… That stuff is so boring. Also the problem is that we have already seen most of the Transmogs.

2) Item restriction and the endless grind

Sometimes the grinds for even just one item can be really painful, which makes it to using alternative options aka pixel-wise more bad looking. Some items even have 0,03% drop rates, which is just too crazy. These should be somehow made easier. Its all about Transmogging though and being creative, not the endless grinds that we do. Then again obviously it would ruin the rarity aspect and content creation in terms of streaming competitions, which we don’t also want to happen. Getting transmog items easier will make transmogging boring as well.

Item restriction to certain races, factions and covenants should be removed. Even just removing faction restriction would make Transmogging interesting now, because it will unlock for example Alliance mounts for Horde to use.

I know that this item restriction has been discussed in WoW Community Council too.

3) Lack of themes in transmogs

As said earlier, lack of themes in transmogs. Players end up making boring color-matched mogs due to this issue. We need more transmog items that are based into some theme / lore. Not just “cool” looking transmogs that are maybe just based in Fel. For example Garrison Herb station items are really cool for transmogs and there are hundreds of different ways how to use them for your mog. Simple transmog items are sometimes better and more unique.

Hopefully we will get some sense to Transmogging in the future! Not just Purple mogs winning comps every time.

Sincerely yours,
drinn

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.