The Unbound Spoils Problem

Dear Community and hopefully also Blizzard,

i’d like to address a problem that has clearly risen up over the last 3 Weeks, though mainly the last 2 after it became more common knowledge, namely the Unbound Spoils.

The current iteration of the Unbound Spoils was seemingly implemented to make them accessible for the more “casual” Players who stumble upon them and luck out with a socket, i can’t imagine it was ever estimated how much (excuse the wording) degeneracy would be breed from a weekly socket.
Right now its almost impossible as a casual Player to get even close to looting one of the Unbound Spoils, with 2 Raid Groups fighting over the chest, you getting interrupted by random aoe, the Respawn for everyone being on a 29 second timer and the chest lasting roughly 5-7minutes its just no way to win any fight.

In my mind there’s atleast two solutions for the whole approach to the topic.

1. Remove the Unbound Spoils and instead give the regular War caches a low Weekly drop chance to include the socket, that would make it accessible for everyone, you can still team up hunting for them, it still makes people go out into the world and fight and its even odds for everyone.

2. Move the Unbound Spoils a bit out of the PvP area’s so you cant respawn instantly, that paired with a longer Uptime of the chest could mean if you manage to push People out of the fight, there wont be 24/7 anti tap, a big enough group could win a fight and atleast 5 people would be able to loot it.

Possibly there’s more options to that.

Besides all of the above, if you’re sticking with the current System, please give us a bluepost explanation on the chests, is it really a 6 hour timer? Is Hallowfall really bugged? Are the Chests that currently seem to spawn inbetween the 6 hour timer (that only clearly happened for the last 3-4 Days) really random?

Please don’t uphold the current version of praying for a random spawn on a layer that doesnt have 50 People there to fight over it.

Greetings
Eden

4 Likes

Eden is spitting facts here. Hope this issue will be addressed.

I would like to give my feedback too, other solution came to my mind:

1. Get rid of the 6 hours spawn time, and make it spawn in all 4 pvp areas at once at random times 4 times a day (frequency is same rn 6 hours a day is 4 spawn).

But the easiest solution would be just implementing Eden’s 1. point, make the regular War cache relevant by adding the socket to it with a low drop chance like 2%.

2 Likes

The chest should be phased out if you are in a raid/group (and for 2 minutes after leaving). If you are in a group/raid while the chest opened you should not be able to loot it.

1 Like

so its for real a King of the Hill kinda thing? Interesting, would also be fun, but would mean its almost impossible to loot for a healer