The Void Elf Customization Megathread

That sounds fabulous!

6 Likes

Ok maybe I got carried away. Some new hairstyles would be nice tough

1 Like

I heard several proposals in this regard, asking for other Alliance races’ hairstyles and colors instead of Blood Elves’.

Kul Tiran hair colors for example would suit them very well, and some Human/Night Elf hairstyles as well.

2 Likes

A Void Blonde like the one Ramavatarama did for me would be perfect honestly.
That would be a dream come true for me. The Blonde can be taken by an Alliance race like KT or Draenei, or Dwarves. Unfortunately I cannot post the link to the photo or upload it here as I have no forum rights for it.

2 Likes

Is this the one you’re referring to?

https://imgur.com/a/s5N4kn9

2 Likes

9 Likes

12 Likes

You’re the best, Puny!! Thanks :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

So many great ideas! I hope we can encourage them to see how fun it is to have customization to tinker with.

I would personally adore some of the tattoos, and we all need more hairstyles for sure. The skin ideas are also so great, because a lot of the current ones are very samey at times so that the real options are quite low.

3 Likes

Omg yes that’s the one thank you so much!! <3 <3 xxx the highlights just slay

2 Likes

Are these the hair colors you’d like to see? :wink:

https://m.imgur.com/a/NOHVvtf

https://m.imgur.com/a/Da2iBBP

3 Likes

Yeeeshhh a pretty pale pink like that would be fantastic tbh!

3 Likes

I would love to have this black / purple hair color. :black_heart::purple_heart:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/25/7/1624746007-tie-violet.jpg

7 Likes

Wow! Really nice! :astonished:

2 Likes

It is indeed! :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure maybe designers are busy with 10.X and 9.X artworks instead of customizing velfs. But yeah I would appreciate an open source community working for blizzard without loan so finally these threads can stop :smile:

Oh shizzle,the “give us high elf” peeps are gonna loose their mind when this thread takes off!

Brilliant ideas,keep’em coming and let’s make it happen!

Blonde and Brown look actually great on the Void Elf skin tones.

The natural hair + natural skin look nothing like Blood Elves too.

6 Likes

Hey Landrien nice to see you again hun! Tbh I think a single shade of blonde, especially if decorated with void highlights or dipped in void blue would look cool AF, unique and serve both Helf and Velf purposes. And also a brown ombre ending in almost black / voidish in the ends. xx

1 Like

One thing to keep in mind is that when we talk about wanting natural hair colours for void elves it doesn’t necessarily mean that it has to be copied from any existing races (same as any extra hairstyles). The colour wheel has an endless array of options for each colour family that doesn’t have to be identical to any existing ones, as demonstrated with pictures on this thread.

However, Blizzard themselves have set the precedent of transferring over hairstyles and colours from existing races as a way to expand the options for others, and it is assumed that this is the way that would require the least amount of work. This was first done in WotLK when the barbershops were first introduced: the draenei started sharing hairstyles with the blood elves, the night elves got dwarven ones, etc. (sidenote: those playing Classic may be able to tell that draenei and blood elves share the same facial textures, but appear different as they are on a different facial geometry).

One thing we can all agree on is that void elves definitely need more (and diverse!) hair colour options and hairstyles. Having blonde, brown, and red hair of varying shades makes sense, because they are born with these colours. Remember, void elves are not born - they are made, and for all we know the void has made them sterile.

Dabbling in the void manifests in a variety of ways, and not everyone is affected in the same way and to the same degree. The addition of the natural skintones proves that Blizzard agrees with this.

It is now necessary to expand on it.

7 Likes