The War Within - bring back annihilator

Bring back annihilator in the raging blow talent choice, right after bloodthirst. Where you pick between raging blow or annihilator.

Its pretty bad in retail how u have to get annihilator because you get scammed for 1 talent point by having to put 1 in raging blow but then also use 1 more to get annhilator but lose raging blow = losing 1 talent point. Plus storm of swords is the worst talent ever it litterly nerfes your whirlwind and makes it so u really cant cleave as well like raging blow because putting whirlwind on cooldown.

Also personally i really like 1-handed fury and it is only viable with annhilator.
it is atleast nice to see that to get 1-handed fury now u only need 1 talent point.

Really hope they bring back annihilator this way. think its really bad for the class/game to ruin a whole playstyle for a portion of the fury warrior players.

well anyways guys see you in The War Within :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they want to get rid of Annihilator, it’s one of the few talents in the tree that’s a meaningful choice, trading in a bit of DPS for a less monotonous rotation.

With Annihilator, talents involving raging blow “Lost value”, so? We pick other talents instead, i figured that was the whole point of a talent tree: Choice.

And that talent “Powerful enrage” that’s supposed to provide a slower-paced playstyle in the absence of Annihilator? So Enrage lasts (slightly) longer, we’re still stuck spamming raging blow whenever we can, because doing nothing is always a DPS-loss, i don’t see how that talents helps slow the spec down.

2 Likes

Yeah thats why they can very easily bring back Annihilator, where we just choose between either raging blow or annihilator in the second talent choice right after bloodthirst.

really cant see the benefit to the class/game to ruin a whole playstyle for people and force them into raging blow spam again. Like a class is so much more fun when u can do more than 1 build. But now in the war within expansion there is no point in going really anything in the left side of the fury talent tree because raging blow spam will completely outscale bloodthist dmg now without annihilator.

1 Like

Can anyone with game time on US make the same post on the US warrior forums. We gotta get annihilator back.

Never it was atrocious experience hope they never touch anihilator concept and builds like S3 again

1 Like

I think Annihilator should be an option (Trade in some DPS for lower APM), but due to how… divisive it is (Although, what actual choice isn’t divisive?), but not the optimal choice again.

u will have option in TWW called “powerfull enrage” // “frenzied enrage” which is way friendly node choice

Okay, maybe i’m missing something blatantly obvious here (I’m just a casual player, not a theorycrafter), but how do either of these noticeably reduce the APM of Fury spec?

Frenzied enrage - “Enrage increases your haste by 15% and your movement speed by 10%”

Powerful enrage - “Enrage increases the damage your abilities deal by 15% and increases the duration of enrage by 1 second”

Annihilator, on the other hand, outright removes the most spammy ability from the rotation, APM is still high, but less so than with raging blow thrown into the mix.

1 Like

Sure, I will explain to you why what you are thinking of is wrong - but it shouldn’t be.

Annhi was supposed to clear APM, but it never did. With Storm of Swords you turned Whirlwind and Slam into your Raging Blow filler spots.

You removed Raging blow, only to replace it with another ability. APM stays the same.

Examples to make this clear:

With raging blow:
Rampage, raging blow, raging blow, bloodthirst, Rampage

Without raging blow:
Rampage, bloodthirst, slam, bloodthirst, rampage
or
Rampage, bloodthirst, whirlwind, bloodthirst rampage
or
Rampage, bloodthirst, execute, bloodthirst, rampage

Both builds pressed the same amount of button clicks, as both specs want to fill GCDs with an ability. Only difference ever was:
Raging blow builds are easier and more difficult to botch up - thanks to reset talents making misstakes less noticable.
The tierset s3 (the real reason CPM went down if at all) wanted mastery/vers due to high base damage and autocrit function of the Bloodbath crits. APM also took a hit on logs as Hack’n’slash and off GCD reck got cast more often with AM/Reck/Rav build. Now, rav and reck is really one button that counted as “two”, with the OF build, OF was the “rav” button, but reck was moved away from it as such APM goes down, even if your actual clicks didnt move at all.

Early on you will notice the 15% haste, as that is 15% more APM ~ give or take. As time moves on, that haste will be worth less of the total haste value. But think of it is as 15% more APM. Then taking the other talent that stops you from having that modifier “decreases” your APM by said 15% modifier.

Reducing haste actually affects APM directly - while having us click one button over the other really doesn’t. As haste affects GCD (global cool down), the timer you got to wait in between pressing two abilities.

As such, APM goes down this way, and is a better fix for that than Annhi/Stormofswords ever was. As one affects the number of buttons you can press within a minute, while the other affects the choice of buttons you press within the minute.

Hope this clarified the issue :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

Okay, that makes sense, thanks for explaining.

1 Like