The War Within cinematic

I rewatched the cinematic last night and I found a few subtle references.

Maybe I’m imagining things, but there are some Arthas references in there.

Both lost sons, hearing their father’s voice.
Anduin pointing the sword at Thrall just the same way Arthas does it in the cinematic.
Both men broken, void of Light and in a desolate setting.

Are they planning something darker with Anduin or it’s simply my wild imagination?

Or is it meant to symbolize the very opposite direction these two men went and how Anduin overcame the evil that corrupted him?

I think it’s the 2nd. I don’t get the vibes of Arthas. He’s just a broken man who’s gone through a lot

Me neither, I was just curious.

I must say that Anduin had Arthas references in BFA as well, when he entered Lordaeron, but I guess those hints were aimed at the Shadowlands story, which is resolved now.

I think his arc will be finalized in the second coming expansion, with the Light and Void war.

TWW will be a therapy session just like DF just with alliance leaders instead of dragons. Not gonna fly. I will not support Alleria in any form. She is traitor filth and should step on a lego.

1 Like

I’ll be honest with you, I think Alleria or Turalyon will get the villain bat in the future expansions.

Nah alliance leaders don’t die.

1 Like

Have some faith bro, I’m sure it’s coming, just wait for the Light and Void expansion.

There were some less subtle references too, like the sword pointing stance from WoTLK cinematic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.