The War Within: Warbands Preview

This looks like Diablo 2 character choose screen.

Yes but let’s say you have one of every class and so you farm one raid a week on them all - the chances of you getting the lookalike gear go up a lot and now you never have to say “well of course that plate piece only drops on my mage”. You still win a lot more looks in a shorter time.

1 Like

Till you see the cost for the tabs

Tab Cost
Tab 1 1,000
Tab 2 25,000
Tab 3 100,000
Tab 4 500,000
Tab 5 2,500,000
Total 3,126,000
2 Likes

I love that they will add old reputations to warbands too! I have many exalted reputations on different characters and I always hated the idea of grinding them again!

2 Likes

Can someone confirm a couple of points in regards to transmog festures going forward please:

1. Are tier sets going to be excluded from being unlocked across multiple character’s? i.e a warrior who loots a mage tier set piece from Tomb Of Sargeas for example wont have it unlocked for the mage as it wasnt the mage who looted it?

2. In regards to retroactively unlocking transmog items across multiple characters, do the items still need to be in your possesion such as in banks or bags or will they include pieces you have previously looted but then sold to vendor etc?

Judging by how the collection was built the first time around it’ll be everything banked or bagged that is bound, with various degrees of success for adding previous quest rewards.

Make PvP account wide, it is dead anyways - may some people come back or reroll on heal if they can use their stuff on their new role aswell.

Looks good , but some things could be improved .

Like the limit to soul bound items , perhaps can be looked at . In specific , there are many teleport items , that are hard to get or simply not available anymore .
Most of these are soul bound . Please revisit these .

In fact soul bound items restriction feels reasonable only for the gear pieces ( so you cannot move your gear between characters ) , Although personally I don’t see much of a problem with that .
On the other side things like the Ominous Conch , Copper Coin of Isles , Various spirits for the Night Fae covenant and other soulbound items that that are basically currencies for something , but just clutter our bags , would be great to share across all characters .

Any chance you can just make it so that ONLY gear items are soulbound and everything else can be put in the Warband Bank (with the exception of those teleport items above) .

not fan warbands honest

Oh my! How much! :flushed:
… I hope those numbers drop when it goes live!

2 Likes

The capability to unlock transmogs for items you can’t equip for other classes is a fantastic addition.

That being said it’d be great if Blizzard ditched “spec locked” drops off Rares… for example, a Rare drops a 1H STRENGTH Mace, or a 1H AGILITY Dagger but my Priest will never see it drop despite being able to equip them and use their transmogs.

Get. Rid. Of. That. Please…

2 Likes

If you were at Renown 5 for Valdrakken Accord on one character and Renown 10 on another, your new Warband Valdrakken Accord Renown will be 10.

I don’t agree with this. The reputation earned to get to 5 and 10 renown should be accumulated to create a new renown value which may be 12-13 renown, because you earned them on multiple characters. It’ll be like discarding the work you put in to earn the 5 renown, time wasted.

As for the issue with Human racial Diplomacy, deduct their rep earned by 10%.
If they have max renown on 1 character, it’ll reduce a couple of renown. But will be maxed out again by adding rep points from other characters to increase the renown.

1 Like

This all looks really promising. I did have to smile at this screenshot:-

I feel very poor as the example has a combined bank value of 17m and I don’t have 1m between all my chars :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

Peasant!

2024-04-17T23:00:00Z

I am!!!

I just play the game, I have never gold farmed outside of getting the long boi and that was awful.

1 Like

I hate farming. L2play the AH, make 100+k from just 10 minutes overnight. :+1:

I suck at that, so I just accept being poor.

I think the most gold I ever had was via the garrisons when I hit 4m account wide.

I have friends who can make loads of gold. It’s just not my forte.

1 Like

I just throw real money at the screen on the odd occasion, very rarely tbh. It’s like buying a mount but I actually use it :dracthyr_hehe_animated:
I do not NEED more than the token gives me, though.

Yeah with this I feel like I will buy one or two additional tokens just to get the first four tabs.

Free alt loot vs loot that makes even normal raids have a chance to give stronger gear than higher difficulty ones. I can’t say that’s comparable.